Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to upgrade the stock seat that came with my Speciallized Allez, since I paid $500 for the bike a few months ago I don't want to spend more than $100.

My current seat is a pain in the a**!

I know that Saddle comfort is very personal, but maybe you can direct me to some choices.

I am 5'11 200lbs, typically I ride 20- 35 miles when I get out. Though I would like to work my way into doing a couple of century rides per year.

I have seen many posts on the Specialized Toupe, what are some other offerings that I should look at.

Thanks!

·
Adventure Seeker
5,123 Posts
How many miles total have you put on since you got the bike? I'd say it'll take 400 to 500 before the "noob ass" goes away. That's when it's time to take a look if you're still uncomfortable. Go to your LBS and have them fit you for one, and make sure you can exchange if it's not good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a Terry Chromoly Gel Fly (I think it's called). It's very comfortable. Cost is about $70 and the company has a 30 day return policy, so you can give it a good try out. It actually took a few weeks for me to get used to it, but since then it's been great.

·
Short legs spinnin' fast
256 Posts
Not sure what saddle you have right now, but I've switched to the Bontrager InformR and love it. It's got a 90 day full comfort guarantee as well, so you can get a few hundred miles on it and decide whether it's the one for you. I'm a big fan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.