Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fell for the first time today (4th time out using clip less pedals). I am a perfectionist and I tore the cover on my seat. It's driving me nuts and I want a new seat. I know it doesn't matter, but that's me.

I have a F95 and the seat says 1.1 on it. On eBay there are some "Tri saddles" that seem bigger, but they look like they would have more padding, would those be lighter? If I'm going to get another I might as well upgrade.

I also noticed some carbon seat posts...other than a little weight savings and the fact that I think they look cool, what are the advantages?

· Registered
7,518 Posts

· Registered
7,518 Posts
save weight and look cool - post 145g

· Ride bicycles? Why?
524 Posts
Carbon posts offer a couple advantages. Less weight, cool looking but most importantly they dampen vibrations. sometimes a heavier carbon post will dampen more vibrations than a lighter one and be worth their weight in gold when put on an aluminum frame bike.

Generally speaking a tri saddle will be heavier due to extra wide noses and a longer length. The weights are only minimally heavier though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.