Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Formosan Cyclocross
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday was a chilly day and I found myself out in Ta Chia (Central Taiwan), where many of your bikes and their parts come from. I thought I'd take a few pictures of the factories.
The actual foreign customer is often hidden and employees often sign a confidentiality agreement and thus are unable to tell who is tagging which products from which OEM, but... these are a few of the OEMs.

Sorry about the crappy camera and gloomy looking weather.

Here's a few pics from my safari.

Kinesis is well known and their products are branded by a few labels out there.

Across the street from Kinesis is Trigon and Great Go. They produce high end carbon frames and aluminum alloy frames. They do a lot of materials research and bonding research.

There's the big Giant factory where countless brands are born. The local names are Giant and GT. The production line manufactures many more. They had a banner year this year, so each employee enjoyed 24 months of salary as their bonus.

The Willing factory produces Velo equipment. The saddles are out on the dock. This site also doubles as the customs center for the bicycle industry. All the components that are to be shipped overseas pass through the Willing yard for inspection.

I have a few more on another camera. Maybe later.

·
Formosan Cyclocross
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I hope Schwinn has another factory. This one is a bit small.

The Giant shipping dock. GT and GIant.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.