Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need an inexpensive small chainring for a Campy crankset, and Salsa is one of the few people who makes them aftermarket...but they only specifiy a 8/9s ring in a 135 mm BCD. Does anyone know if it will fit a Campy or Shimano 10s chain without ANYTHING in the way of chainsuck, etc?

The rest of the drivetrain, for what it's worth, is Shimano DA 10. It's not my bike - don't ask!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Does the Campy Triple count?

On my Campy Triple 10 speed setup. I dropped the Campy granny gear for a 26t Salsa one. No problems whatsoever and I also use a 9 speed chain. Again, works like a champ.:)

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
SDizzle said:
I need an inexpensive small chainring for a Campy crankset, and Salsa is one of the few people who makes them aftermarket...but they only specifiy a 8/9s ring in a 135 mm BCD. Does anyone know if it will fit a Campy or Shimano 10s chain without ANYTHING in the way of chainsuck, etc?

The rest of the drivetrain, for what it's worth, is Shimano DA 10. It's not my bike - don't ask!
it's hard not to ask ... but I've done it the other way around before, using a ShimaNO DA 9s crankset with an otherwise Campy 10s setup, and it worked perfectly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts