Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new build is slightly longer than I'm used to. I need more narrow bars and saw the Poco. Does anyone have experience w/ it?

I actually have medium/large hands but need to shorten my cockpit. I figured this might be an option before trying to use a sub 100mm stem.

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
I've got them..

on two bikes. There are some tricks required to set them up. These bars have a substantial "ramp down" coming off the top section to the brake hoods. To get the brake hoods up to a decent height, the bars need to be rotated up about 15 degrees. For me, this worked fine, creating a comfortable angle in the drop section.

I'd take a look at the the Easton EA-70. It's got at a 76mm reach and probably not as much ramp down, although Easton fails to post a drawing of the bars, like they have for the EC-90 models.

Bontrager also has some short reach bars that look nice.

http://www.bontrager.com/Road/Components/Handlebars/5725.php

·
Registered
20 Posts
Deda Elementi perhaps...

oldskoolboarder said:
My new build is slightly longer than I'm used to. I need more narrow bars and saw the Poco. Does anyone have experience w/ it?

I actually have medium/large hands but need to shorten my cockpit. I figured this might be an option before trying to use a sub 100mm stem.
Old...

I'm considering new bars also. Small hands. Here's another manufacturer to consider.

http://www.cbike.com/Deda_Elementi.htm

Let us know what you get and how it works.

Mike

"The mind makes a good servant, but a cruel master." DF

·
Old Skool
719 Posts
Ouestion

I am a little unclear. Do you have one issue or two as follows:

1. You just need to shorten your setup and are considering a change of bars to accomplish this.

or

2. You need to shorten your setup AND your current bars are too wide so you are trying to kill two birds with one stone by changing your bars.

If the first option is the case, just change out the stem. IMHO it is never a good thing to mess with the parts of your setup that are working well to fix the parts that are not. If the second option is the case, by all means get bars that are a better fit first.

Cheers,

Stogaguy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts