Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· FroginOzzie
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished the build of my Vaya.
I love the bike, not felt that comfortable since my first Peugeot in 1975 !!!
included some clearance pics since some would like to know.
Tyres are Vittoria Randonneur, the front is 35mm wide, the rear is 36mm, actual measurement.

· FroginOzzie
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
snapdragen said:
:thumbsup: Nice.

What kind of handlebars are those?
On-One Midge.
They look weird and so wide from the front with the flares.
They attract a lot of questions unfortunately (are these 30's bars etc...)
I have had them for a while now but I had not set them up well and thought of selling them.
The flats were too narrow, the hoods too short etc...
Until I installed them on a mountain bike (that's their orginal purpose) and started to love them.
With the current set-up, it is perfect, I feel really comfortable in the three positions.
My flats are slightly above the seat (I'm old and unfit), the drops slightly below and the levers are low enough to allow good support for the wrists on the bar.
I would not want anything else and they exist now in O/S.

· Registered
7 Posts
Very nice build! I had a Vaya complete on order but it was taking months and months due to how unexpectedly popular the Vaya is, and I ultimately decided I would probably be 95% as happy with a Surly LHT and $500 extra in my pocket, so I am taking delivery of my LHT next week. Plus, if I decide I want a Vaya a little later on I can toss most of the LHT components on a Vaya frame.

Enjoy the bike! I am going to be running Salsa Woodchipper bars on my LHT. I really like the Midge bars too though.

· Misfit Toy
23,437 Posts
Since I have a history of neck and wrist problems, these will go on the list of things to try when I get back to riding regularly. I'm weird enough that I like the way they look.....:p

· FroginOzzie
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
"Very nice build! I had a Vaya complete on order but it was taking months and months due to how unexpectedly popular the Vaya is, and I ultimately decided I would probably be 95% as happy with a Surly LHT and $500 extra in my pocket, so I am taking delivery of my LHT next week."
???? Looks like I've been lucky. I had never heard of the Vaya, was thinking more of the Fargo but was put off by the too long chainstays. Then looked for a steel CX bike with disc tabs as per Salsa ads on this forum, but they don't make them anymore and I found the Vaya. Ordered the frame online in the US immediately, paid $80 for shipment and it was here downunder a week and a half later.... went to the web site after reading your post and you're right, they are sold out. The Surly is great but I have learned to love the disc brakes, I want to pull my kid's trailer. The Singular Gryphon and Peregrine looked nice too but more $$.

· Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
Looks like a beautiful city. Cleveland Ohio is about 30 miles east of me. Beautiful...well...not so much. It does have its good parts though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.