Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Additionally to what cmg provided for you, there is a ride on Saturday morning at 8:00 from Bicycle Heaven; also there is a ride leaving from Bike World and I believe that one leaves at 8:00 as well. On Sunday there is a ride leaving from the Lifetime fitness at the Rim (rim is a shopping Mall on Cantera rd.). There are two groups; one does 45+ miles the other one does 25 mile and both leave at 7:30 am. Today (July 3rd) there is a ride that leaves from Roger Soler's bike shop at 6:00 pm and it is about 36 miles long. Enjoy it!

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the ride information. Yesterday I did the 471-Castroville loop for a good 50 miles and today did the Helote-Boerne loop for 46 miles. Road surface conditions are all over the scale here. Greatest thing was hitting 46 mph today on a long downhill. Britton's bike shop has a 4th of July ride tomorrow at 9am that I intend to do. Can't wait to get back to the flat roads of Houston!

· Registered
42 Posts
I agree I just moved to San Antonio (4 weeks ago) for the summer, and I can't wait to go back to Chicago and ride on smooth roads again. Plus, I thought that Texas would be a cycling heaven, yet I encountered more unfriendlies than I did in Chicago. I must admitt though that cycling community here in San Antonio is really helpful and extremely friendly. I will see you tomorrow at the 9:00 am Britton's ride; I am riding on a black Strong bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.