Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what i'm hearing from ATP recently is "Old Town Mexican Cafe" friday PM.

i'm gonna have to check my flight arrival, but Dave Hickey and i are driving down from LA. i figure early evening we should arrive and then the merriment can commence. if you have already commenced merriment, i will send scotty2hotty and/or yarble to dispatch you ALL.

Svend/ATP, what say you for sure, for friday?

and what aboot saturday? we wanna get Cooper karaoke-ing, right?!?!?!?!?!?!?

rock on and like that.

anybody else needs/wants my # or exchange, PM me.

see you this weekend, moreons!

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
what i'm hearing from ATP recently is "Old Town Mexican Cafe" friday PM.

i'm gonna have to check my flight arrival, but Dave Hickey and i are driving down from LA. i figure early evening we should arrive and then the merriment can commence. if you have already commenced merriment, i will send scotty2hotty and/or yarble to dispatch you ALL.

Svend/ATP, what say you for sure, for friday?

and what aboot saturday? we wanna get Cooper karaoke-ing, right?!?!?!?!?!?!?

rock on and like that.

anybody else needs/wants my # or exchange, PM me.

see you this weekend, moreons!
How about Ocean Beach Saturday night? I hear the Liar's Club has an amazing beer selection and is a fun joint. It's near the water, so after we can laugh while you try some drunk night swimming in the 55 degree Pacific.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mickey-mac said:
How about Ocean Beach Saturday night? I hear the Liar's Club has an amazing beer selection and is a fun joint. It's near the water, so after we can laugh while you try some drunk night swimming in the 55 degree Pacific.
i think ATP/Svend have it planned out pretty good already, i just can't find the PM.

sounds like a migration between three places, ending up with Coop and karaoke!

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
bigbill said:
I will not be happy until I walk on my lips at least once. The rainy season here starts this week so SD better be pretty frikin spectacular. I used to like to go to TJ, but the last time I went, it kind of spooked me. Given the age range of the attendees, is there a nap time scheduled in there somewhere? Ride until noon or so, shower and nap, drink, have dinner, and drink somewhere else.
LMAO, I was just telling my wife about the average age of our group. I think Depends and Geritol might be in order....

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dave Hickey said:
LMAO, I was just telling my wife about the average age of our group. I think Depends and Geritol might be in order....
figure me in at 23, i'm a perpetual 23. that might help.

plus i'm bringing my imaginary 8 year old imaginary friend who is also imaginary. and underpaid. it's a tough job, and dangerous, but at least he's underappreciated.

-J's

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
I will not be happy until I walk on my lips at least once. The rainy season here starts this week so SD better be pretty frikin spectacular. I used to like to go to TJ, but the last time I went, it kind of spooked me. Given the age range of the attendees, is there a nap time scheduled in there somewhere? Ride until noon or so, shower and nap, drink, have dinner, and drink somewhere else.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bigbill said:
Snap and i are already planning that, but you'll have to deal with us having coffee and pastries and then going to the beach. you can nap while we hit local museums and/or the zoo. we'll be back in time for evening debauchery! i'm there to experience SD, not to hammer around and get my ass kicked/kick everybody's ass! i can do that elsewhere.

i'm figuring ride, drink coffee, ocean, ride, take pics, get lunch, drink, ride, drink, ride, drink, hotel, culture, drink, meet up, drink.

wait, is there a central theme here?

;)

you guys are gonna so have a good time in SD! Cooper's gonna make sure, and i'm his backup!

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
If you hear a constant clicking souns in SD

You'll know I didn't get a new bottom bracket. The damn thing went teats up on my today and I'm going to have to do some serious scrambling to get a new Chorus bb and have it installed by close of business on Wednesday for early a.m. departure on Thursday. From what I understand, it will cost me at least a 6-pack and maybe a 12-pack on top of the normal cost get work done by end of day on Wednesday. Otherwise, I'll be driving everyone nuts on the rides. :mad:

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mickey-mac said:
You'll know I didn't get a new bottom bracket. The damn thing went teats up on my today and I'm going to have to do some serious scrambling to get a new Chorus bb and have it installed by close of business on Wednesday for early a.m. departure on Thursday. From what I understand, it will cost me at least a 6-pack and maybe a 12-pack on top of the normal cost get work done by end of day on Wednesday. Otherwise, I'll be driving everyone nuts on the rides. :mad:
i wouldn't worry, you guys are going to be sagging me back to the hotel on sunday 'cause i'm surely going to break a chain. no worries.

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
i wouldn't worry, you guys are going to be sagging me back to the hotel on sunday 'cause i'm surely going to break a chain. no worries.
Rotten bottom bracket's one thing; broken chain's a whole different world. I busted a chain on a climb and wound up with an inky black bruise the size and shape of a big potato on the inside of my left thigh, just south of the family jewels. Coulda been worse; much worse. :eek:

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mickey-mac said:
We'll find out tomorrow a.m. I'm thinking it'll be the same.
i'm really into the daily reports and stuff, but listen, we're not going to really be satisficationed until there's a pic. and my fear is that when the shirt comes off, etc etc, it may be burned. so you've got limited chances. you should even go ask him, tell him you want him to take a pic of you at your desk to send to a relative. then, bring a coworker in to take a pic of both of you!

PICS. NOW.

quit being such a flower-patch-tease!

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mickey-mac said:
Rotten bottom bracket's one thing; broken chain's a whole different world. I busted a chain on a climb and wound up with an inky black bruise the size and shape of a big potato on the inside of my left thigh, just south of the family jewels. Coulda been worse; much worse. :eek:
so we still got the same freaking shirt on this la-hooser or what?

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
i'm really into the daily reports and stuff, but listen, we're not going to really be satisficationed until there's a pic. and my fear is that when the shirt comes off, etc etc, it may be burned. so you've got limited chances. you should even go ask him, tell him you want him to take a pic of you at your desk to send to a relative. then, bring a coworker in to take a pic of both of you!

PICS. NOW.

quit being such a flower-patch-tease!
You didn't see the spycam pic in the daily thread?

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
mickey-mac said:
I have an I-talian one out in the garage. It is used but still has a few miles on it. I can bring it if you want. A friend of mine has a shop in SD, should only take a half hour to swap it out. I rode in a huge downpour today and have spent the last two hours cleaning the bike including removing the tires to get the water out of the rims. One 5 mile stretch of road had 1-2" of water on it accompanied by a heavy downpour. The bike is now clean and will remain in the workstand until I pack it Wednesday night.

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
bigbill said:
I have an I-talian one out in the garage. It is used but still has a few miles on it. I can bring it if you want. A friend of mine has a shop in SD, should only take a half hour to swap it out. I rode in a huge downpour today and have spent the last two hours cleaning the bike including removing the tires to get the water out of the rims. One 5 mile stretch of road had 1-2" of water on it accompanied by a heavy downpour. The bike is now clean and will remain in the workstand until I pack it Wednesday night.
Thanks, but mine's Aynglish (that's how my wife says I say it). I'm pretty sure I've got a line on a new one and someone to plug it in for me before I leave Thursday morning. It was a rain ride combined with lots of sand on the road that did in my bb. However, I got a good 35,000 miles or so out of the thing so I can't complain too much. Like you, I'll have my rig in dry dock from now on pending the SD trip.

·
Super Moderator
19,480 Posts
Mapei Roida and I are driving down from LA Friday. We'll prolly get there in the evening as we are stopping at a guitar shop or two on the way down.

We're booked at the BW Hacienda and are planning on riding Saturday and Sunday. I just emailed atp our cel phone numbers. Over and out. Roger dodger. A-okay.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
yeah. Old Town Mexican

unless I say otherwise. gonna do some recon tonight,just to finbalize. want an outdoor patio so ya'll can enjoy being outddors on a Jan evening.
Sat is pretty planned, but we'll need to se what the #'s are. Liars club good but it's in P.B. make-able but kinda out of the loop of other drinking establishments. plenty of good beer in this town. I'll have to check the demographs, older yes but square?

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Atp......

I'll be around.

I'll Pm you with my numbers. Thurs aft ride sounds good.
I'll also have a car...so if you are planning anything that needs transport, we'll have it (in addition to Dave's van).

Len

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
most likely Th. I set it up so you can

either ride North and meet us OR take the train from Old Town and hook up and ride South. We'll do anywhere from around 20-42 miles and pushing into dusk but we all have lights.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts