Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At this point, I run Selle Italia SLR 135 on all my bikes, which get a good 10-15K, esp. when not ridden in the rain. Is the San Marco Regal as durable?

G

·
Campag12 said:
At this point, I run Selle Italia SLR 135 on all my bikes, which get a good 10-15K, esp. when not ridden in the rain. Is the San Marco Regal as durable?
Probably not.

I have one that has been in use since about 1986.

Piece of crap...........:rolleyes:

·
Banned
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:mad2: Yah, what a POS.:D

The SI tend have the leather at the nose peeling not before long, easily within a few months when the rain starts to pour. I'm not looking for a "performance" saddle, just something that is comfortable and durable. Maybe I'm aiming my question more at the people who have tried both.

toomanybikes said:
Probably not.

I have one that has been in use since about 1986.

Piece of crap...........:rolleyes:

G

·
Well,

If I have a grand total of 12 of them in use, some for over 20 years,it would seem that they are durable, at the very least.

If I have 12 of them in use, they must be comfy or it is unlikely I would be using them.

·
Registered
599 Posts
i bought my first regal ( steel rail,black perforated leather)in 1986. it sees regular use and still looks & rides great after approx 40K miles of use and i expect it to last for at least 10-15K more. even the embossing is still holding up well.

i have some later smooth leather versions (two titanium rail , one magnesium rail)on 3 other bikes and those also seem to be wearing well , tho the embossed lettering on those have almost completely rubbed off now. aside from a little scuffing, the leather and padding are holding up nicely.

·
Banned
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Caterham,

Stunning rides. Thanks for posting pics of the saddle on a bike. I'm going for the white regal ti rails...until I could find one.:cool:

·
Banned
7,191 Posts
Campag12 said:
Caterham,

Stunning rides. Thanks for posting pics of the saddle on a bike. I'm going for the white regal ti rails...until I could find one.:cool:
Check Richard Sachs' site. He's got em. That's where I got mine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.