Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· aka Zoo
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...my crankset on my cross bike had some major clicking on every pedal stroke, it's a Campy Record aluminum crank with a Campy Chorus bottom bracket. I just uninstalled it to see what was going on and the bottom bracket hanger has a ton of sand in it, how is this possible? There's no holes on the bottom of the BB or the chainstays, and the BB shell was installed nice and tight, what am I missing? I'm assuming that the clicking from the crankset was from the sand?

· raging results nerd
925 Posts
DRLski said:
So...my crankset on my cross bike had some major clicking on every pedal stroke, it's a Campy Record aluminum crank with a Campy Chorus bottom bracket. I just uninstalled it to see what was going on and the bottom bracket hanger has a ton of sand in it, how is this possible? There's no holes on the bottom of the BB or the chainstays, and the BB shell was installed nice and tight, what am I missing? I'm assuming that the clicking from the crankset was from the sand?
Your BB is the low point of your frame so any sand that gets in will eventually end up there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.