Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
MM,

If you and Coop want to arrange something late summer, I'll bring as much Stone Ruination as you want.

S

·
Coco Puff
2,119 Posts
mickey-mac said:
Here's a link. It looks like this ride is gathering a little steam. If you're in the region try to make it.
Hmm, this looks good. I'll try to get out for a ride or two so I can try to hang for the sixty.

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sn69 said:
MM,

If you and Coop want to arrange something late summer, I'll bring as much Stone Ruination as you want.

S
Throw in some Stone Russian Imperial Stout and a 3 liter bottle of Oaked Arrogant Bastard and you have a deal. :D

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
ONLY if the requirement is that the three of us drink that big ass bottle of Stone....in one sitting...after drinking the rest of the Stone I bring.

Get Coop to agree, and I'm in.

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
sn69 said:
ONLY if the requirement is that the three of us drink that big ass bottle of Stone....in one sitting...after drinking the rest of the Stone I bring.

Get Coop to agree, and I'm in.
When? FWIW, I have this little thing I do at the end of the summer, the week before labor. It's in the desert and involves propane, mohawks and my wife in PVC.

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
Understood, and godd*mned I need to get there for some quality nekkidt time. I've got me this lil thingie in early summer though, but sadly it doesn't include you in a dress, flamethrowers or Mrs. Coop in PVC, although I might go mohawk just prior to the start.

We'll have to see what we can work out now that I've got Mickey-retardo intrigued with promises of 92 gallon bottles of Stone.

I might, however, be north of your posit in late July for 1/2 Vineman. Need to decide soon before the sucker sells out.

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
sn69 said:
although I might go mohawk just prior to the start.
Mohawk is as Mohawk does. Mohawk makes its own way through whatever obstacle is in front of it. Mohawk is the new black.

sn69 said:
We'll have to see what we can work out now that I've got Mickey-retardo intrigued with promises of 92 gallon bottles of Stone.

I might, however, be north of your posit in late July for 1/2 Vineman. Need to decide soon before the sucker sells out.
Anytime, I'd be honored.

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
mickey-mac said:
Here's a link. It looks like this ride is gathering a little steam. If you're in the region try to make it.
There is a slightly less than remote possiblity that I'll be able to make it.......will know early next week....

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
Just to add further enticement to joining us here in Santa Cruz - Friday night before the ride is Cinco de Mayo, a great time to be downtown Santa Cruz for dinner and drinks.

And, drumroll please..............

Pyrocussion is doing a free show downtown at the Felix Kulpa Gallery. Bob Hoffman, dear friend, builder of my flamethrower, is doing a percussion performance at dusk, with his drumstick powered flame throwers. And I might even get to play along, if I promise to stay in one place... Fire marshall approved even ;)

Check out these images: https://www.pyrocussion.com/gallery/index.html

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thinkcooper said:
Just to add further enticement to joining us here in Santa Cruz - Friday night before the ride is Cinco de Mayo, a great time to be downtown Santa Cruz for dinner and drinks.

Pyrocussion is doing a free show downtown at the Felix Kulpa Gallery. Bob Hoffman, dear friend, builder of my flamethrower, is doing a percussion performance at dusk, with his drumstick powered flame throwers. And I might even get to play along, if I promise to stay in one place... Fire marshall approved even ;)

Check out these images: https://www.pyrocussion.com/gallery/index.html

Oh man, my employer couldn't have picked a better week to send me up north: two nights at the Toronado in San Francisco, followed by CdM evening in Santa Cruz, and a Saturday a.m. ride with fellow lounging-creatures. I only wish I was a wealthy tycoon-type and I'd spring for airfare and accommodations for everyone who wanted to fly in for the festivities. :(

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
mickey-mac said:
Oh man, my employer couldn't have picked a better week to send me up north: ies. :(
I just wish that the gods who govern my schedule (sometimes clients, sometimes courts) had the same sense of timing that your employer does. I had to go to California the week before the San Diego gathering and I will be in LA on Tuesday. But, there is no way that I can stay from Tuesday to the weekend. One of these days I'll be able to make one of the California rides. How about a gathering next winter during the Tour of California?

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Damn, damn, damn, damn, damn!:( :( :(

thinkcooper said:

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
snapdragen said:
Damn, damn, damn, damn, damn!:( :( :(
snap, I'd love to see you Friday, but if you can't, and I understand why, I'll cut you a never-rain-again-check. FWIW, pyrocussion does free shows most Friday nights. Bring some oyf your freinds over for hijinx. There are only two dance clubs in town, and they're both gay, well one's gay, the other is try-sexual, if that's the crowd that happened to tag along with you...

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
And if a Friday pyro night, dinner, beer, Cinco de Mayo, a Saturday ride with lounger knuckleheads weren't enough, there's the PTDR on Sunday in the city.

PTDR, is that anything like SOAP, or NTTATWWT? Naw, read it and weep:

PTDR = Power Tool Drag Races

The power tool drag races are being held on Sunday on the city. Yasterday, I saw a test run of a 12 volt, four motored hibachi, with full gas flame for toasting hot dogs. It was the fastest hibachi I've ever seen.

https://www.powertooldragraces.com/

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If any of y'all are going to be in San Francisco on Thursday (May 4), Badley and I are planning a trip to Toronado to check out the legendary selection of beer. If anyone's intested in meeting up, pm me and I'll send my cell number.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
thinkcooper said:
And if a Friday pyro night, dinner, beer, Cinco de Mayo, a Saturday ride with lounger knuckleheads weren't enough, there's the PTDR on Sunday in the city.
Not to mention the How Weird Street Faire!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts