Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
In need of sock puppet
Joined
·
9,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of Lounge regulars are getting together for a ride on Saturday May 6th in Santa Cruz County. We're looking to do a ride ~60+ miles or so, with some climbing, redwoods, ocean views, and mountain top vistas. If you're interested, post below, and I'll keep this thread updated with details on our departure time and location. And if you're up for it, maybe we'll break out some pyrocussion toys when we've wrapped.

Cooper
 

·
Anti-bling
Joined
·
274 Posts
thinkcooper said:
A couple of Lounge regulars are getting together for a ride on Saturday May 6th in Santa Cruz County. We're looking to do a ride ~60+ miles or so, with some climbing, redwoods, ocean views, and mountain top vistas. If you're interested, post below, and I'll keep this thread updated with details on our departure time and location. And if you're up for it, maybe we'll break out some pyrocussion toys when we've wrapped.

Cooper
Just how regular of a Lounge poster must one be to qualify for this ride? Is there a minimum post count to reach? Give me a number to target and I'll engage in whatever mindless banter is needed to bring up my post count. :)
 

·
My back hurts
Joined
·
4,862 Posts
Fr Ted Crilly said:
Just how regular of a Lounge poster must one be to qualify for this ride? Is there a minimum post count to reach? Give me a number to target and I'll engage in whatever mindless banter is needed to bring up my post count. :)
I'll be there and as far as I'm concerned (proper) football fans are welcome regardless of post count.
 

·
In need of sock puppet
Joined
·
9,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Coco Puff
Joined
·
2,119 Posts
thinkcooper said:
A couple of Lounge regulars are getting together for a ride on Saturday May 6th in Santa Cruz County. We're looking to do a ride ~60+ miles or so, with some climbing, redwoods, ocean views, and mountain top vistas. If you're interested, post below, and I'll keep this thread updated with details on our departure time and location. And if you're up for it, maybe we'll break out some pyrocussion toys when we've wrapped.

Cooper
Coool, you got a spud gun?

Count me in.
 

·
My back hurts
Joined
·
4,862 Posts
Fr Ted Crilly said:
Great. Maybe I should bring along a ball and a Barca shirt and we can have a cycling cleated version of the Champions League Final on Rue de Coop.
Great, and I'll bring my West Ham shirt. If we have enough energy left after the CL final, we can contest the FA Cup final.
 

·
Coco Puff
Joined
·
2,119 Posts
thinkcooper said:
A couple of Lounge regulars are getting together for a ride on Saturday May 6th in Santa Cruz County. We're looking to do a ride ~60+ miles or so, with some climbing, redwoods, ocean views, and mountain top vistas. If you're interested, post below, and I'll keep this thread updated with details on our departure time and location. And if you're up for it, maybe we'll break out some pyrocussion toys when we've wrapped.

Cooper
Hey Cooper, clear your in box so's I can pm ya
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
So, how will the route be for us velodrome sprinter types that seriously suck at climbing?Additionally, I can't do anything too challenging because I'm doing the Grizzly Peak Century the day after, which is also a sucky endeavor for fast-twitch types... (Translation: would be happy to socialize and put some faces to the RBR handles, but am pain averse - or more particularly am averse to pain lasting longer than about 200 meters.)
 

·
In need of sock puppet
Joined
·
9,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Number9 said:
So, how will the route be for us velodrome sprinter types that seriously suck at climbing?Additionally, I can't do anything too challenging because I'm doing the Grizzly Peak Century the day after, which is also a sucky endeavor for fast-twitch types... (Translation: would be happy to socialize and put some faces to the RBR handles, but am pain averse - or more particularly am averse to pain lasting longer than about 200 meters.)
We'll be adding another 15 miles of oceanside and rolling terrain to this route. I show about 3300 feet of total climbing, but a lot of that is rolling. Eureka canyon is a nice steady climb, amoung some beautiful streams, redwoods and ferns. There are a few short steep pitches, but mostly it's gradual. I've ridden it in a 39/23 before, but it's preferrable in something like a 39/25 or 39/27. The descent is wicked cool. Yuo could join us for a roll-up to Eureka and then turn around if you want to save your legs; just let me know, cause I don't want to leave anyone behind on this ride.
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top