Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Join us in sunny Santa Fe, NM on July 27, 2008 for the Bonanza Creek Classic, a New Mexico Road Series (Encantado Cup) Event put on by the Pedal Queens, a local women's cycling club. This race involves an 18.5 mile circuit with rolling terrain, beautiful views, and moderate climbs. Racers will compete in 6 different categories, ranging from beginner to elite and 1 to 4 laps of the circuit. Cash and non-cash prizes will be awarded. This is a great race! Online registration available at www.sportsbaseonline.com and more info at www.pedalqueens.com.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The start/finish area is actually different this year. We are having it on a straight stretch along Bonanza Creek Rd. We have rented an area for parking that will be less congested than the previous location. Also, the La Cienega overpass has been demolished, so that whole area is gone! It should still be an interesting finish, but not quite so dangerous.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Correct, your 12 year old could race in the Beginner division. We would be happy to have him. Also, FYI, there has been a change in the men's masters distance. It is now 3 laps
(55.5 miles) for the men's masters race.

·
Registered
267 Posts
i have never raced or been registerd as a catagory rider

but i would like to do more than the 1 lap as a cat 5 racer

i want to do the 3 lap course

i rode 60 miles last sunday (in 3:45) so i could do the miles

but would me going slow be a problem?

thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi-
Being a non registered/categorized rider, you would begin as a CAT 5 (for men).
You would be able to race in our CAT 4/5 group (55.5 mi) or the beginner race (18.5 miles). You will need to pay the additional $10 for the 1-day license.
Cash or check only at race day registration.
Hope to see you there!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.