Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,299 Posts
I see a Valley said Father Junipero Serra. I think, said Father Junipero, I shall call it the Valley of San Fernando.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great photos! I've ridden in that area several times, wonderful routes.
Some great riding roads up and down off those mountains!

I see a Valley said Father Junipero Serra. I think, said Father Junipero, I shall call it the Valley of San Fernando.
Wasn't he also the one who build the missions in Southern California?

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,299 Posts
rebecca -- just making a little joke.

BTW, I live in the San Fernando Valley. I was born and grew up in the Bel-Air, Brentwood, Westwood area. My dad was born in Los Angeles in the 1920's. His dad was born in Northern California in the late 1800's, moving to L.A. in the very early 20th Century (my granddad's dad was a forty-niner). I moved to the Valley in the 1970's because I just wasn't as rich as my parents.

Anyway, like every L.A. schoolkid, I learned about Father Serra and the missions in elementary school. It's great that Serra's name is familiar to you.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the SMMTS! Done many a rides there and it is still my favorite place to ride- over Boulder, and PDX. Don't want to live there again, but still love riding there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.