Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Sarasota Schwinn

On Osprey Ave . See Dave the owner or Chris his right hand. I bought my first bike from Dave over 23 years ago.Trek and Specialized but they can get about anything you want. Super Service too, huge service dept.
Are you looking for something special?
About 200 feet south is Bikesenjava.They just relocated 2 doors down. I question that move but...
They cater to the tri crowd and are more racer oriented. While I know these guys and a lot of folks recommend them, I have been disappointed the few times I have been in. They do have plenty of group rides.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

My father is looking for a shop down there to get a friend into a new bike(definitely not a tri/race crowd). Also i will be down there in a few weeks and might need a shop, given i am flying my bike down.

Ted

·
Gruntled
3,737 Posts
BIkesenjava across from the hospital

It's where all the local racers & triathletes shop & hang out at the espresso bar. Also where Wednesday night training rides start & finish.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Take a look at both shops

You can throw a rock from one to the other. From what you describe I would say Schwinn. But like I said they are close enough, shop both. If you want some java, head to bikesenjava. if you want the best service head to Schwinn. You won't go wrong at either place.
On another note I am not sure where you are coming from but it's 81 degrees today.

·
Registered
443 Posts
three more shops to check out

Village Bikes in Lakewood Ranch part of Sarasota. I have only bought some small things there but the selection is pretty good.
Ryder Bikes in Bradenton, not more than 10 miles for the Sarasota shops listed. TREMENDOUS selection of bikes. Strangely enough, the guy running Village Bikes seems to be the one who convinced Ryder to carry more road bikes.
And my favorite -- Ringling Bike shop, also in Bradenton. Open on Sunday, take a part home and try it out, down to earth real cyclist owners, people in and out constantly for quick repairs, lots of used bikes and bike parts too.

·
Limey
23 Posts
Village bikes on South Tamiami

This shop is in sarasota about a mile south of clark and stickney point road on US41 - they are a really great bunch in there and you'll always get individual service 6.2 miles S - 7386 S Tamiami Trl, Sarasota, 34231 - (941) 925-2241

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Second Ringling Bikes

Check with Dave and Julie at Ringling. If they don't have what you want, they will do their best to get it for you. They have everything from cruisers to top of the line road bikes. Dave just built me a custom Powertap and has built several bikes for me as well over the last couple of years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.