Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one have any experience with Saris racks:

http://www.saris.com/products/cycleon.htm

I am looking into a new vehicle and may go with an SUV with a tow package. I'm leaning towards the cycleon rack. If you have any experience with that set up, please share.

I am currently roof racking on top of a MINI Cooper.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a cycle-on 2 bike carrier on a 1 1/4" hitch on my little sedan. Works well, very easy to load / unload. "Wobbles" a bit but, I think that's probably true with any hitch. I have a friend who's got a 4 bike cycle-on setup on a 2" hitch on a Durango - he loves the rack, too.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much does it weigh. I would probably be installing and removing it with every ride. Is it an easy process? Also, does it have a way to lock it to the hitch (so it doesn't walk away when you're out riding?)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Not sure on the weight...maybe 30-40 lbs? On my car, I pretty much put it on when I need it, and throw it in my storage unit when I'm not using it. As for locking it, there are 2 models. One, comes with a lock which can be used to secure the rack to the hitch, attaches to the hitch pin - I got that one. My buddy has a smallish padlock that he uses on his, goes through a hole in the hitch pin.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
I don't have a hitch, but we bought a Saris trunk rack for my wife's New Beetle Conv. It's lightweight, easy to install, relatively kind to the bikes, and pretty sturdy. I like it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts