Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts on Sava/Savadeck as a brand or their bikes, particularly the Savadeck Phantom 2.0? A carbon road bike with Ultegra components for $2200 seems like a pretty good deal. I don't know if we are allowed to link to Amazon here so I won't include on, but guess where you can find it. One thing I noticed is that it has the traditional rim brakes when a lot of road bikes come with disk brakes. Not a deal breaker for me, but something I noticed.

I've found some "reviews" online, but most of them seem to just be paraphrasing marketing material without having actually ridden the bike.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So no opinions then? I found some Reddit posts that suggest it is a popular brand in the Phillipines, Malaysia, and Asia/Pacific in general as well as India. They are viewed as an inexpensive "high-end" brand, according to those posts. I was hoping some here would have some experience with them.

·
Registered
318 Posts
You get what you pay for. Obviously noone participating in the forum so far, has knowledge of this bike. Inexpensive high end, ridden in far away places and sold on Amazon makes one suspect some things.

Not “my cup of tea” as they say.

·
Administrator
13,100 Posts
there are no free lunches

Reactions: Lombard and shrubs

·
Registered
24,504 Posts
I don't know if we are allowed to link to Amazon here
Yes you can link to Amazon.

So no opinions then?
It's a brand nobody likely ever heard of. And most people aren't going to go searching the internet for info. It's hard to have an opinion on something you know nothing about.

They also have a website with more options.

It's a Chinese bike company. The Chinese are about the best at making carbon stuff. But they're also the best at ripping people off.
They say "Warranty Guarantee" and "Money Back Gurantee". But do they honor it?

I have to say, that's a sharp looking bike

·
Registered
24,504 Posts
Also, if buying from a Chinese company, I'd look for UCI approval. There are legit companies out there.
Yoeleo for example has been around for quite some time. They're UCI approved and sponsor a pro race team.

When choosing them, one of the most important criteria was their products’ quality. All the below-listed companies have in-house testing centers.
In addition, some of these brands offer UCI-approved framesets and wheelsets or meet other quality standards like ISO 4210.

One important certification you should look for is UCI Approved sticker. If the product is marked with it, it meets necessary technical rules and can be used in official UCI events.

Also, if the brand sponsors a professional cycling team, it is proof that its products meet all quality requirements and specifications from UCI.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the article @tlg .

I know they say you get what you pay for, so let me share my experience and why I don't thing $2299 sounds unreasonable for that price. I rurrently ride a Raleigh Revenio 3 aluminum frame with Shimano 105 group set. I bought it new from my LBS for about $1k. For $1100 I could have gotten a carbon Revenio, but with a Tiagra group set. But when I test rode the carbon, while it was a smoother ride and a lighter bike, the left chainstay kept hitting my anklebone or heel (on the aluminum Revenio, the chainstays came off the seatpost with only a slight curve to the hub, whereas on the carbon frame, the left chainstay came out from the bottom of the seatpost at almost a right angle and then curved to the hub). I want to say that was 2015. Both bikes were on sale (end of season), but LBS doesn't just give bikes a way - even at that price they made a profit.

So fast forward to today. You can get an Ultegra groupset for under $800 retail and a 105 groupset for around $525 retail (just the group sets, not the frames)... a difference of only $275. So, a carbon frame 105 for $1899 (Ship from US Warehouse SAVA HERD 6.0 Carbon Fiber Road Bike With Shimano 105 R7000 22S) doesn't sound unreasonable based on what I saw at the LBS in 2015. And an upgrade to Ultegra for $400 certainly seems reasonable. and upgrade to hydraulic disk brakes for another $600 also seems reasonable, (I think they use the same frame for all those bikes) especially since they cut out the LBS. And a few guys I used to ride with got their Chinese aero/TT carbon bikes on Amazon and are quite happy with them.

However, I will check out those other brands in the article.

I have been riding seriously off and on since about 2013. On at least 4 occasions, something has occurred to completely disrupt my riding and I've had to "start over". riding a carbon bike for me would be like putting lipstick on a pig. But I have lost a fair amount of weight already and if/when I hit my goal, I want to treat myself with a carbon bike.

·
Registered
24,504 Posts
I know they say you get what you pay for, so let me share my experience and why I don't thing $2299 sounds unreasonable for that price.
My post had nothing to do with reasonableness of price.

Clearly their prices are excellent.

I was merely referring to the quality, reputation, and support of the company.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts