Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Master debator.
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like many people I know, I remember the Jesse Owens story from my childhood, but not too many of the details. It was a good movie, not really epic, but well worth going to see. I learned a lot about the story, and was reminded of how far this country has come since then, and needs to go yet regarding race relations.

I won't break it down with a spell-binding review like System Shock would do because I don't have his reviewing talent, I'll just say if you have any interest at all see it in the theater as some parts lend themselves to the big screen very well as far as scope and cinematic vision.

4 out of 5 stars imho.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
I went to high school with a guy named Artie Owens who was a great athlete and all around nice guy - which was particularly notable since many of the jocks in my school were complete toolsheds.

My mom said that Artie was Jesse's grandson although I'm not sure if that's true or how my mom would have known. I might check out the movie just to see if it sheds light on that.

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
Definitely going to watch this. Thanks for the heads-up.

Jesse Owens always made me proud to be a Buckeye. I spent 8 years going to gyms on campus named after him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts