Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
Time for Chris "E.T." Froome and the Skyborgs to face the music at last...looking forward to this!

·
Registered
12,085 Posts
That's certainly a strong team. I'm surprised to see both Roche and Kreuziger in the lineup.
Both have been in the top 10 in a few GT GC. Kreuzinger has a few more wins. Roche hasn't quite "done it" and is probably better utilized as a superdomestique. Having these guys work for Contador gives him good odds.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I'm not 100% on Sky's lineup. Porte will play the part of Froome last year but I'm still very surprised they didn't bring Uran. BMC however, have a hell of a team if they decide early enough whether to fully support Tejay or Cadel

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Duran-Duran was basically playing a role of a leader in Giro. He is cooked. Doing two GT back to back is not easy nowadays. Just ask Wiggo, Contador and Evans. For that matter, I suspect Evans is cooked too, which may be good for T-J if the team management realizes it early enough.

But Ritchie Porte is a much better super-domestique than Roche or Rogers for Contador. Porte could be top 10, or even top-5 if he was a leader. This is similar to when Heras was working for Armstrong, and still finishing top 10.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Both have been in the top 10 in a few GT GC. Kreuzinger has a few more wins. Roche hasn't quite "done it" and is probably better utilized as a superdomestique. Having these guys work for Contador gives him good odds.
I just wonder about the wisdom of replacing proven domestiques like Chris Anker Sorensen off and relying on general classification guys (Roche and Kreuziger) to do the same job? In theory it might work, but we've watched Sorensen hammer on the front of the bunch for years - Kreuziger not so much. Should make things interesting.

·
Registered
12,061 Posts
But Ritchie Porte is a much better super-domestique than Roche or Rogers for Contador. Porte could be top 10, or even top-5 if he was a leader. This is similar to when Heras was working for Armstrong, and still finishing top 10.
kreuziger: 8,9 in the tour. 5 in the giro.
roche:12,14 in the tour, 6 in the vuelta.
rogers: 9 in the tour, 7 in the giro.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.