Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Lawnjers, here's the deal:

I found out recently that I matched to UCLA's clinical psychology internship, so that means that my wife and I will be moving from Houston to the west side of LA some time in early June.

What this means:
- Yes, I am a clinical psychology graduate student.
- No, this does not mean I can (or, frankly, want to) analyze you.
- No, I do not know what you're thinking (a fact for which I am quite thankful).
- I will be leaving one big, sweaty, sprawling city for a another big, sprawling city.

So:
- learn me about the NNC culture on the west side of LA.
- please assure me that the riding will be better than in Houston.
- Can I tag along on your LA RBR NNC get-togethers?
- Do I want to tag along on your LA RBR NNC get-togethers?

Love and Kisses,
fmbp

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Before you're allowed on any LA "get together" you'll need to submit to a full physical including STD testing and prostate exam.

joe

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JoeDaddio said:
Before you're allowed on any LA "get together" you'll need to submit to a full physical including STD testing and prostate exam.

joe

I dunno man, I've seen pictures, and you're a decent sized dude. I'm pretty sure I don't want your fingers, whether rubber-gloved and lubed or not, anywhere near my prostate.

·
2 busy workin' 2 hang out
12,638 Posts
fmbp said:
I dunno man, I've seen pictures, and you're a decent sized dude. I'm pretty sure I don't want your fingers, whether rubber-gloved and lubed or not, anywhere near my prostate.
Who said anything about fingers?

·
Premium Member
11,955 Posts
fmbp said:
So:
-Congested w/ cars. Hotties on cruisers. Close to PCH and Santa Monica mtns (mtb)
-Hows the ocean views while riding in Houston? Wait.
-Depends. Are you hot? How do you dress? Do you shave your legs? Do you like beer and ice cream?
-If you have to aks...

HTH~

// post pics of the wife, y'know, so I'll recognize her n' stuff.

·
Super Moderator
19,518 Posts
fmbp said:
The good news is you do not have to pass a psychological exam. :crazy:

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Hollywood said:
// post pics of the wife, y'know, so I'll recognize her n' stuff.
Lol!!

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,036 Posts
fmbp said:
So:
- HTFU
- Define "Better"
- Yeah, but you best organize one yousself, cuz no one here ain't doing ****.
- Plungers. Discuss.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
DrRoebuck said:
- HTFU
- Define "Better"
- Yeah, but you best organize one yousself, cuz no one here ain't doing ****.
- Plungers. Discuss.

Funny... I was just thinking about trying to get something together before Coop's, but up here behind the Orange Curtain.

An actual ride kind of ride, since I don't seem to be doing any of that on my own aside form commuting.

joe

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
Is anyone up for a ride kind of ride in Orange County? Welcome to the coast fmbp I think you will enjoy your time here.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
rward325 said:
Is anyone up for a ride kind of ride in Orange County? Welcome to the coast fmbp I think you will enjoy your time here.
You ask NOW?????

I was on a bus that headed from Anaheim all the way to Brea, via Yorba Linda and man, that's an awesome route to ride from what I can see. Nice steady climb up the road taking you into Yorba Linda where you could well, venture out. Too bad I only discovered it the day before I left.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
uzziefly said:
You ask NOW?????

I was on a bus that headed from Anaheim all the way to Brea, via Yorba Linda and man, that's an awesome route to ride from what I can see. Nice steady climb up the road taking you into Yorba Linda where you could well, venture out. Too bad I only discovered it the day before I left.

Not a bad ride at all. And you can cut over to the riverbed and, if the wind is right, you can get a nice tailwind all the way home.

Of course, if the wind is wrong, well... then you have a horrible headwind to finish the ride off with.

joe

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,036 Posts
JoeDaddio said:
Funny... I was just thinking about trying to get something together before Coop's, but up here behind the Orange Curtain.

An actual ride kind of ride, since I don't seem to be doing any of that on my own aside form commuting.
So set it up.

Santiago Canyon was pretty cool. Only ride I've done in the OC.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
JoeDaddio said:
Not a bad ride at all. And you can cut over to the riverbed and, if the wind is right, you can get a nice tailwind all the way home.

Of course, if the wind is wrong, well... then you have a horrible headwind to finish the ride off with.

joe
I bet. And, that Yorba Linda area that I went by looks like a haven if you like rolling terrain too. Beautiful sights as well.

Doesn't look like it's too traffic heavy either - then again, it's not that bad in that area if you know where to go I suppose.

You take that route often?

//I kinda prefer the normal road to the riverbed just coz it has more varying terrain and well, you see more people!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts