Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hope this will help my fellow Riders: i believe this to be a scam but i could use input form anyone who can help i even include the persons email they use

Flag this messageA message about your ad on Road bike component reviewsWednesday, June 2, 2010 5:39 AMFrom: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>Add sender to ContactsTo: LeMond Alpe d'Huez

Hello,
I am an agent interested in immediate purchase of your item.After several consideration over the advert placed on the website,my client has really shown interest in it and would really want to issue the payment in form of Money order/Cashiers Check at the BUY IT NOW PRICE.Will you be accepting a money order/Cashiers Check? The money order/cashiers check that will be drawn by my client would include the cost for shipping this item to my client and my commission would be included on the same Money Order/Cashiers Check.We shall solely be responsible for the shipment of the item. Please contact me asap via email for further questions as regards this transaction if you really show willingness in selling this item asap.Thank You and I am expecting your response asap.

Thanks

· Premium Member
15,996 Posts
Scam scam scam

See highlighted portion -- they fish for more from the scam by "paying you extra" and asking you to remit that portion to the scammer / "agent."

Of course, the money order was printed at home, and it's a fake...

Roadracer63 said:
i hope this will help my fellow Riders: i believe this to be a scam but i could use input form anyone who can help i even include the persons email they use

Flag this messageA message about your ad on Road bike component reviewsWednesday, June 2, 2010 5:39 AMFrom: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>Add sender to ContactsTo: LeMond Alpe d'Huez

Hello,
I am an agent interested in immediate purchase of your item.After several consideration over the advert placed on the website,my client has really shown interest in it and would really want to issue the payment in form of Money order/Cashiers Check at the BUY IT NOW PRICE.Will you be accepting a money order/Cashiers Check? The money order/cashiers check that will be drawn by my client would include the cost for shipping this item to my client and my commission would be included on the same Money Order/Cashiers Check.We shall solely be responsible for the shipment of the item. Please contact me asap via email for further questions as regards this transaction if you really show willingness in selling this item asap.Thank You and I am expecting your response asap.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.