Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it looks like I got scammed by a member of this forum.
I put up a "parts wanted" ad for a Campy group or parts of a group. I got a reply to my email by a Jacob Florence ([email protected]) stating that he had a Record/ Chorus 11 group that he'd be willing to sell. I had already acquired all of the parts I needed except for brakes, cassette, and a chain. I asked him about selling me those parts and we agreed upon a price after he emailed detailed pics of the parts. He told me he'd be getting married and could possibly take the parts with him and mail them out from there. No big deal, I wasn't in a huge rush to get them. I sent him the payment on October 1st and waited. I hadn't heard from him, so I shot him an email on the 6th, just to confirm that he'd received the money. He emailed the same day and said he'd received the money and that he'd uploaded the tracking number to PayPal. I checked the number and it showed "Electronic Shipping Info Received", but nothing else. No big deal, USPS sometimes takes a while to update. So I email him back and ask about it. He states that he just took the package to the mail that day (the 6th of October) and that I should be receiving it soon. The tracking info never changed and I emailed him back on the 11th to find out what was going on. I got no reply. I emailed again on the 14th (8 days after he claimed to mail it), with still no reply. I opened a case against him with PayPal to try to recoup my loses and he has yet to respond to PayPal. I'm just hoping I can at least get my money back.
Has anyone else had any dealings with this guy? He is from Boone, North Carolina and rides (or did ride) for Happy Tooth/Bandwidth and Appalachian State University cycling team. He had emailed me once before back in February when I was looking for some parts, but I didn't buy from him then. Just trying to warn people so no one else has to deal with this crap. I'm very upset...I have an unfinished bike and don't have the money to buy more parts now.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He emailed me back after returning from his honeymoon and told me he'd sent the package out that day (October 6th). He said he'd used 2-3 Day Priority Mail...so it certainly wouldn't take this long to get from NC to PA. And he hasn't replied to any of my emails since the 6th. Prior to that, he always responded within one day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts