Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ohnedaruth Campell" <[email protected]
this guy is currently scamming a 2005 S-Works Stumpjumper on mtbr.com.
$1350 is too good to be true and his email is verbatim what has been cited as a USPS-confirmation-number-send-me-the-money scam.
best regards. i hope that this offer pleases you.

ben

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad you asked

first off, check out this website's or a partner site's scammer warning links.
second, a nearby friend was nearly scammed by this method. he was protected, not by Western Union, but by Visa since he used plastic to fire up a money transfer.
Third, i wrote this guy an email that i would drive to Chicago to pick-up the bike, a 12 hour drive from North Carolina, and put $100-more-than-his-asking-price cash in his hand for the bike. He has yet to respond to the email i sent him over 1 week ago.
The scam goes that the deceitor baits with an incredible offer (as new 2005 S-Works bike for $1350). An interested party is informed that a money order / cashier's check should be sent upon receiving a confirmation email from UPS that an item is being shipped. The email is sent from a bogue website domain name, fabricated by the scammer for this express purpose ie. www.upsservices.com. The money order goes out in the mail, end of story.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.