Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That Zinn piece in the latest Velo News really got me interested in Scapin. Sounds like they are imported by KHS but I can't find any info on pricing or dealers. I'd particularly be interested in the price of the steel frames.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I thought that article was ridiculolus. VeloNews has a real problem with running "feature-length" advertisments. We get enough of that crap in the Buyer's Guide.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Here in Italy the top-end all-steel frame (the S8, I think) runs E.1600 for the frame. The Dyesis cabon/steel is 1800 or so. They are truly gorgeous bikes, half frame and half work of art. Note that the company was just bought by Olympia, another Italian brand; the Scapin brand will remain, and Stefano Scapin will still be in chage, but there could be a shakeup in design or manufacturing; I think I read that they will be introducing more CF frames for 2006. The upcoming EICMA show in Milan should answer some questions.

·
Registered
286 Posts
FWIW- I have a gorgeous lugged steel frame Scapin. They are wonderful bikes. The craftmanship is outstanding and they really are beautiful. It rides very smooth and it is stiff and solid. I won't part with mine for anything. I even hung the most beautiful cycling component known to man on my Scapin---- 1987 Campagnolo C-Record cranks. Together they are a thing of beauty. :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts