Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Anti-Hero
10,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I let my dogs out this afternoon, I could hear the neighbors' kids playing around in their back yard. The dogs are prettymuch used to the noise and don't acknowledge it. A few minutes later, the bigger dog wanted to come back in, so I let her in and left Indy, the J.R. Terrier out.
Soon after, I hear him going nuts. I go out back, and he's got his face in between two fence slats (it's one of those built w/alternating boards so that it doesn't really have a "back" to it), and he's growling/barking viciously, as is the neighbors' black lab on the other side of the fence... a little odd, because if they bark at each other, it usually involves running back and fourth, not planting in one spot and going at it.
SO, I pick up a metal water bowl and chuck it at the fence right next to my dog. It makes a loud CLANG and startles him. He runs off.
Simultaneously, I hear a child screech... from directly behind the fence where my dog was going ballistic. The kid started crying and howling, and apparently ran back into the house.

I can't say I feel bad about it. I think both dogs and kid learned a lesson.

Edit:
This is Indy-

This is Indy when kids eff with him through a fence (or when he sees a camera)-

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
Be sure when the parents of the child come over to find out why you were throwing things at them to let them know there child should have just HTFU and let them know how many clowns you can bench.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Andrea138 said:
When I let my dogs out this afternoon, I could hear the neighbors' kids playing around in their back yard. The dogs are prettymuch used to the noise and don't acknowledge it. A few minutes later, the bigger dog wanted to come back in, so I let her in and left Indy, the J.R. Terrier out.
Soon after, I hear him going nuts. I go out back, and he's got his face in between two fence slats (it's one of those built w/alternating boards so that it doesn't really have a "back" to it), and he's growling/barking viciously, as is the neighbors' black lab on the other side of the fence... a little odd, because if they bark at each other, it usually involves running back and fourth, not planting in one spot and going at it.
SO, I pick up a metal water bowl and chuck it at the fence right next to my dog. It makes a loud CLANG and startles him. He runs off.
Simultaneously, I hear a child screech... from directly behind the fence where my dog was going ballistic. The kid started crying and howling, and apparently ran back into the house.

I can't say I feel bad about it. I think both dogs and kid learned a lesson.

Edit:
This is Indy-

This is Indy when kids eff with him through a fence (or when he sees a camera)-
Do you live next door to Fixed?

·
I'm workin' on it....
251 Posts
Our dogs do that fence-war thing all the time with the neighbors dogs. They never seem to grow tired of it. Ever.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
why do you hate your neighbors?

·
Anti-Hero
10,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They aren't bad as far a neighbors go.
Though I do get annoyed at their daylight-brightness motion light that turns on outside the bedroom window periodically during the night... and at the sounds of children playing every time it's nice outside and I want to relax and work in the yard... and their dog that runs across its invisible fence to chase bikes... :D

·
Anti-Hero
10,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
He can dig like nobody's business! It's really funny to watch- he'll sniff a hole, paw at it with one paw a couple of times, sniff it again, then launch himself into a full digging frenzy w/dirt flying in all directions. If a root gets in the way, he'll grab it with his teeth and yank on it to break it. He is very tenacious... you may not have much lawn left, but the moles would be dead!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.