Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
7,191 Posts
aliensporebomb said:
I wouldn't presume that - how much you want to bet:

-Hothead motorist versus first time commuter cyclist?
Probably not. When the suspect and victim were seen arguing, the suspect was not in a car (according to other news sources). Further, the suspect fled on foot- not something you'd do if you were in a car.

So, unless by "motorist" you mean "someone who owns a car but wasn't using it at the time", I think we can safely assume that this was good old fashioned assault with a deadly weapon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It was a "bad" part of town

I am guessing robbery or asking for a toll or something.
And just because the victim wasn't fully robbed (only his key ring was taken) doesn't mean that wasn't the motive. Once the perp shoots in a heated moment, they often panic and run without completing the robbery.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
... the other end of the state, but I got into a heated "discussion" with a driver who'd swerved into my lane while speeding down a residential street (estimate 40+ in a 25 zone)...

I was only about a block from home, but alas, the street has become known for it's rolling drug deals... and while the street is only 4 blocks long, some folks use it as drag strip to get to the real main road... where they can do 60+ 'tween lights.

Anywho, the argument went to stoopid when I tried to teach a pig to sing. This hole couldn't understand the problems with his driving (kids were playing around the corner... and pointing the fact that they tend to wander to this waste of skin was... pointless) or my rights on the road... threatened to make me a "statistic"... which is when I went ghetto, fully expecting a piece to appear from beneath his seat.

Well, long story short... I used every explicative I could just to vent (as I said, we went to stoopid) before telling him that his face and his car were on my list and riding off. By this time, I could see that I'd drawn a crowd of my neighbors... I appologized for my use of language and lack of judgment... but my button done got push'd!

Again, given the drug activity that goes on round here... that coulda been me (four years ago, a guy was shot and killed right out my door... he'd driven into the area from out of town, apparently for drugs and was shot in his car) ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.