Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a lot of Scattantes on the road lately, but cant seem to find an official website for the manufacturer. Am i seriously that technilogically deprived, or do they still need to come into the 21st century?

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
32,339 Posts
ntekrony said:
I've seen a lot of Scattantes on the road lately, but cant seem to find an official website for the manufacturer. Am i seriously that technilogically deprived, or do they still need to come into the 21st century?
Scattante is a house brand--they are sold through Perfromance Bike. So no to both your questions.

·
Does it matter?
760 Posts

·
Knives, Guns, and Booze
2,942 Posts
I just sold my 2005 Scattante CFR today for $800.00, with almost 3,000 miles on it (paid a bit more than $1,600 for it new back in 2005). I’d like to say that it will be missed, but my new 2008 Ridley Damocles has made a real soft spot in my heart.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Save up your money and buy a recognized "name brand" bicycle. Chances are you'll get more of a return on your investment when (and if) you decide to sell it in the future.

That said, I'm a big fan of purchasing used bikes from either Ebay or Craig's List. Bikes generally have a pretty steep depreciation curve. However, caveat emptor, especially if you're not comfortable buying someone's "pre-owned" bike. A safer alternative is seeing if anybody in your local bike club is looking to sell, or if your LBS offers used bikes.

·
Air Force
280 Posts
I believe that Scattante's carbon frames are made by Fuji. They are really not a bad deal especially with Performance's service and return policies.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I rode and raced one for 2 years while I saved for a new bike. Not one thing wrong with em. They ride and handle great. They come out of the same factories as a lot of "name brand" bikes.

Let your riding speak for you not the name on the frame...

·
Registered
674 Posts
ntekrony said:

Google is your friend...5th hit on the Google search for "Scattante" brings up Performance Bike, and the previous 4 all mention that it's a Performance brand...

As others have said here before, nothing really special but nothing really bad either. The aluminum frames make good crit bikes with Rival or 105 ...the type you don't really mind crashing in a race. I don't remember who manufactured the previous versions of the CFRs but the 2008s are made by ADK out of the same mold (not necessarily the same grade of CF)as the Pedal Force ZX3 and some of the Max Lelli bikes.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I just got a fancy platinum series flyer from performance with my last order.
Next to last page is a Scattante CFR Team. I would not be ashamed to ride
that bike. Everything is relative.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Nope...

SEK82089 said:
I believe that Scattante's carbon frames are made by Fuji. They are really not a bad deal especially with Performance's service and return policies.
Nope, Scattante is made by the same no named Taiwan company that makes Orbea carbon frames. Actually, whatever the high end Scattante is, is essentially the same frame as an Orbea Orca, except with some minor geometry chances, and a few other nice things left off to make it cheaper.

The bikes, in my opinion, ride like crap. I don't like them. Their angles are a bit off for me.

·
Registered
674 Posts
magnolialover said:
Nope, Scattante is made by the same no named Taiwan company that makes Orbea carbon frames. Actually, whatever the high end Scattante is, is essentially the same frame as an Orbea Orca, except with some minor geometry chances, and a few other nice things left off to make it cheaper.

The bikes, in my opinion, ride like crap. I don't like them. Their angles are a bit off for me.
Not the new carbon ones...they are now made by ADK. See my previous post.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I have three and love them all. Sure they don't have the "name" but its fun passing someone poser on a bike that costs way more. My "Americano" came with a Fuji build sheet in the box. My R-650 frame is nearly identical to my buddies Fuji. With coupons and sales, you get the complete bikes for the cost of components. However in my view they are smokin bargains. If you are a bike snob, they aren't for you.

·
RoadBikeRider
1,053 Posts
My Scattante

This is my temporary (or is it?) bike while the Litespeed is in the shop...somewhere in Idaho with a busted frame. Used most of the parts off the LS. A little heftier than the Ti frame but it beats riding my daughter's pink bike.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.