Scattante's breakthrough new lightweight carbon frame weighs in at 980 grams and comes in four different versions that feature top-of-the-line components. All four road bikes are available exclusively at Performance Bicycle.
Chapel Hill, NC - Scattante today officially unveiled a carbon bike frame that weighs in at 980 grams and instantly gives professional and avid cyclists one of the most affordable race-ready road bikes on the market.
"Throw whatever notion you have about Scattante out the window," said Bo Glenn, Divisional Merchandise Manager for Scattante. "Our new 980-gram frame is the heart of a bicycle that is comparable to any major production road bike in the world. Ride it and you'll see why."
The Scattante CFR-A3 carbon frame is the result of a rethought and revamped carbon fabrication process that eliminates excess material and delivers a fit and finish-and, most important, ride quality-competitive with the best frames on the market. The attention to meticulous detail yields unique design elements, all to deliver maximum cycling performance:
- An oversized BB30 bottom bracket saves weight by eliminating the cups that would normally hold the bearings and provides better pedaling efficiency by offering more surface area for tubes and chain stays.
- An asymmetric head tube features a 1 1/8" top to 1 ½" bottom tapered carbon fork steerer that offers smooth and precise handling. The tapered steerer is part of a monocoque fork design that molds the forks as one piece instead of two separately molded pieces bonded together later in the production process. Such an approach allows for a completely specific lay up and enables every component of the frame to work in concert.
- The frame disregards the idea that bigger is better with a delicate but strong 27.2mm seat post that eliminates material from the seat tube.
"The CFR-A3 was designed by cyclists for cyclists," added Glenn. "There are no compromises, right down to the smallest engineering details. We think cyclists will be excited about the technology they can get at this price point."
Glenn said that Scattante is introducing four road bikes based on its new CFR-A3 frame. The different versions give riders of every level an opportunity to experience cycling technology at its finest. The bikes include:
- Scattante CFR Pro - Scattante's new flagship road bike is the fastest and lightest Scattante ever built. The CFR Pro features top-of-the-line components, including Shimano's cutting-edge electronic Dura-Ace Di2 drivetrain, an FSA K-Force Light Crankset and bottom bracket with ceramic bearings, and a Mavic Ksyrium SL Premium wheelset. (MSRP: $9999; Street: $6999)
- Scattante CFR Team - Built with many of the same components as the CFR Pro, the CFR Team features a Shimano Dura-Ace 7900 10-speed drivetrain that has 7900 shifters, rear and front derailleurs, and cassette. (MSRP: $5999; Street: $4999)
- Scattante CFR Race - A great choice for the aspiring racer, the all-new CFR Race road bike is outfitted with a sleek and light Shimano Ultegra 6700 drivetrain, Mavic Ksyrium Equipe wheels, FSA SL-K Lite cranks, and Italian Deda Elementi components. (MSRP: $3499; Street: $2999)
- Scattante CFR Comp - The CFR Comp gives riders one of the best frames available, with maximum value. The CFR Comp features a full Shimano 105 drivetrain and Mavic Ksyrium Equipe wheels. (MSRP: $2499; Street: $1999)
The new CFR road bikes are available at a select number of Performance retail stores. More information about Scattante can be found at www.performancebike.com.