Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
waterproof*
41,608 Posts
Andrea138 said:
You mean, you're soap free except for your crotch, or you're fine except for your crotch?
I'm only using soap on my crotch. And not every shower, mainly after rides or when things get particularly funky.

I realized a while back that when I stopped using shampoo, my periodic dandruff attacks also stopped. And my hair is the same feel as it ever was.

·
Review RoadBike Member
1,561 Posts
I have been mostly soap free for about the same amount of time... Occasionally, I will lather up. My wife says I don't stink

·
More cowbell!
2,527 Posts
I've been mostly soap free since that initial thread as well. The few exceptions were when I was exposed to poison ivy.

Recently I've started washing my face with an anti-acne scrub with positive results.

Crotchal regions are just fine with hot water and a washcloth.

·
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
5,351 Posts
You can have my Lever 2000 when you pry it from my clean, cold, dead fingers.

·
Impulse Athletic Coaching
5,576 Posts
Even after a hard race or ride? No soap? Even in the nether regions?

I've always wanted to make the jump, but I just can't do it. I tried with no shampoo, and I lasted 3 days before my hair became far too oily.

What am I missing?

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
No shampoo (though I cheat and use a communist, no-detergent baby shampoo if I've been in the ocean, get really dirty, etc. Probably once a month at most.) since December, I think. Dandruff and itchy scalp is gone, and though the first couple of weeks were a grease-fest, it's fine now. I don't know how I'd feel about it if my hair were longer. I keep mine real short.

I'm using soap, but only a little for face, pits and delicate areas, and only non-detergent castile soap. No more scrubbing my face with a washcloth.

Shaving soap is old-school, use-in-a-mug-with-a-brush stuff, also non-detergent.

Still using deodorant, but I find I can go a little longer without than before.

It took a little while to get used to the feeling that I wasn't all the way clean--the castile soap doesn't scour away every bit of the greasy kid stuff like detergent soaps. But in spite of the feeling, my skin has been way better since I stopped with the detergent soaps, and I don't look any greasier. This was the first winter that I didn't need some kind of lotion every day, and I was also able to give up the extra soothing lotion I used to need after shaving.

Overall, the experiment is a success for me, and though I'm not entirely soap-free, I'm detergent free and intend to go on that way because it seems to be working much better for my skin.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
"scent packing"

i hoped this thread was about something else.

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
I, too, am soap free. I only use liquid anti-bac stuff when washing my hands. My skin feels great and smells better. I shave my head once a week or more, so dirty hair isn't a problem.

·
No hero that's understood
6,100 Posts
PlasticMotif said:
I, too, am soap free. I only use liquid anti-bac stuff when washing my hands. My skin feels great and smells better. I shave my head once a week or more, so dirty hair isn't a problem.
What do you use to shave it with. I realize razor is the answer, but do you use shaving cream? Does this count as soap. I am a fellow chrome domer, and this thread got me thinking, but this was one of the things I was puzzled over.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
This is nasty...I guess complete opposite mentality of my manscaping thread. That's about staying clean and this is about staying dirty.

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
q_and_a said:
What do you use to shave it with. I realize razor is the answer, but do you use shaving cream? Does this count as soap. I am a fellow chrome domer, and this thread got me thinking, but this was one of the things I was puzzled over.

Shave face/head with this. I follow up shaving with Goldbond lotion.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts