Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

A number of big names will want to put in a nice showing in what for many will be a pre-Paris-Roubaix warm-up:

Marcel Kittel (Argos-Shimano)
Mark Cavendish (Omega Pharma - Quick Step)
Tyler Farrar (Garmin-Sharp)
Borut Bozic (Astana)
Theo Bos (Blanco)
Mark Renshaw (Blanco)
Fabian Cancellara (RadioShack Leopard Trek)
Stijn Devolder (RadioShack Leopard Trek)
Matti Breschel (Saxo-Tinkoff)
Juan Antonio Flecha (Vacansoleil-DCM)

Some have already tasted victory and have to go to the top of anyone's favorites list such as Cavendish and Cancellara, others seem on the cusp of a breakout like Bozic and Flecha - this race might be a good place for that to happen. Personnaly, I'd like to see Breschel or Flecha pull off an upset but...

Cav is a three-time winner of this event, so I'll tip him to win a record setting Number Four. But I'll be watching Spartacus on this one as he may want to make another definative statment right before Paris-Roubaix.

Startlist Scheldeprijs, Scheldeprijs Vlaanderen 2013 - CyclingFever - The International Cycling Social Network - Get the Cycling fever!

Elite men | Scheldeprijs

Greipel To Skip Scheldeprijs With Eye On Paris-Roubaix | Cyclingnews.com

Cavendish Chasing Record Breaking Fourth Win At Scheldeprijs | Cyclingnews.com

·
Get me to In&Out
4,775 Posts
I like Cav and will always say he takes a field sprint finish. I never bet against him. Something seems like Tyler Farrar might have something here for some reason though. I can't stand Farrar and his excuse train, but I feel Garmin really hasn't showed much outside of Dan Martins win this spring and knows it will be an under the radar race. Sandwiched between two monumental races and mid-week, it is one Garmin could sneak in with Tyler.

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Spartacus has crashed - back on his bike.

Wonder if this will affect his PR run this weekend?

·
Anphaque II
6,176 Posts
It looks like Cav didn't have a leadout.

Apparently his team was no where to be found in the last km.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
He was very upset in the post race interview. Sigh.

·
Anphaque II
6,176 Posts
Also; Cancellara crashed during the race.

I haven't heard any updates on his condition, though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.