Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with him being realistic; I'd rather see that than setting the bar super high. That article actually made me like him a little more.
x2. Nothing wrong with him admitting what everyone else already knew. He hasn't done a lot of races this year, and the ones he has done, he hasn't excelled in.

·
Good Person
1,695 Posts
I was coming over here to post the same article.

I don't know what to think. There does seem to be more going on here than just having a slow recovery from an injury. Either something is missing or he is mind-phucking himself into oblivion.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
He has his yellow jersey, and he's not going to do anything that might get it taken away. I doubt we will ever see him compete at that level again.
Until he goes to Sky.

·
I love to climb!
2,052 Posts
Why is Andy still planning to go for the Tour when he already knows he won't be competitive for it? Why not skip it and aim for the Vuelta? By then he'd be more competitive, and even if still not quite to top form, he would have plenty of form to help his brother Frank who will be back from his ban by then.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.