Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a leftover 2014 Fuji Gran Fondo 2.5 a few weeks back. I like the bike, it's been nice and so far trouble free after 150 miles. Now the mistake I made was not riding other bikes. I was reading about road bikes for a bit, went in to look around, and found this bike at $600 off MSRP, had a carbon frame, comfortable, 105 components (with tiagra 10 speed cassette and oval 520 crank with praxis rings)

Got fitted and it was the right size and very comfy with a shorter stem. So I've been happy with my purchase. But now the second thoughts are coming into my head. What if this other one was different? I snagged this up because i thought it was a deal and I don't regret getting it, but I was already $400 over budget. The domane 2.0 I was also considering had less component wise, and the 2.3 had a bit more but also pushed my overspending even higher. The shop didn't have them in stock so I never bothered riding them, but somehow disliked the flexible tube idea from the start.

Does anyone one own one of these "older" fondos? I say that because new frames are different. Just wondering how it's been for you, why you chose it, what else you looked at, or maybe if you went with something else instead.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
It's a fine bicycle. Stop looking for reasons to regret your purchase.

Go ride the crap out of it and stop over analyzing everything. :)

·
Registered
829 Posts
Excellent bike, reliable drivetrain. Fuji typically makes comfortable bikes and a good value. You can typically find this bike, or other carbon Fuji models with similar components for about $1300.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I didn't get to test ride all the bikes I wanted to either because the sizes weren't in stock. That's something you have to live with unless you want to bu a bike you've never ridden. You got a good deal and have a full carbon bike. It's all good

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do wish I did more research because now that I've learned more, I realize that a 190mm headtube on a 55cm frame is pretty tall, and will make it harder for me to potentially get a more agressive aero position later when I'm able to get into that position. Then again, I can always just ride the drops.

Been watching the tour last few days looking at how riders are positioned and such. I know that's a different application though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The granfondo line is fuji's endurance line so maybe that's why the geometry "prevents" a super aggressive posture...not sure. In any event, if you're not even ready to ride in that position I'm not sure why it's an issue for you. I just bought a trek Emonda and I have no idea what the head tube length is or what I will or won't be able to do. For now I am focused on getting into cycling and learning the ropes. By the time I have to think about all that other stuff I'll probably know what's really important and won't care about stuff like that. Like they say, it's not the arrow, it's the Indian.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.