Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,671 Posts
some of us picked him in the official thread for stage 20; he's been able to recover over the last few days and could go full gas. I have a feeling he's been one of the guys targeted in this year's 'random' controls, and has come up clean so far...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,838 Posts
stevesbike said:
some of us picked him in the official thread for stage 20; he's been able to recover over the last few days and could go full gas. I have a feeling he's been one of the guys targeted in this year's 'random' controls, and has come up clean so far...
can he keep itt form for world itt's to beat fabian out?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,838 Posts
jhamlin38 said:
despite my smartass posts, I really do hope so.

shumacher took out 30 seconds on fabian in the last 20 minutes.

wasn't shumacher down 3 seconds at 43 minutes time check?

(phil and paul said 20 seconds)... i thought i saw 3 on the clocks, but i wasn't paying much attention..

if it was 20 seconds, he gained 50 seconds? in the last 20 minutes on fabian? WTF?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
659 Posts
Fabian is done.

Shumacky.. is NUTS. The time gaps/intervals are really surprising.

He makes it look so effortless.

If this guy had a team.. he would be a serious contender.


I really do think he went all out on those attacks during all those stages...as the guy is hunting for a new contract. or just riding for the future.. to get a feel for the stages...

2 tdf TT stage wins ... nice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
930 Posts
Schumaker is awesome, I have to give a ton of respect to this guy. Everyone was blowing him off on the first win as just being gifted by the wind. Clearly not the case proven here today. Then all those breakaways on the mountains -- this guy is one of the biggest winners of this years Tour to me.
 

·
Lemur-ing
Joined
·
19,208 Posts
shabbasuraj said:
Fabian is done.

Shumacky.. is NUTS. The time gaps/intervals are really surprising.

He makes it look so effortless.

If this guy had a team.. he would be a serious contender.


I really do think he went all out on those attacks during all those stages...as the guy is hunting for a new contract. or just riding for the future.. to get a feel for the stages...

2 tdf TT stage wins ... nice.
Fabian is done because he worked his butt off for his team driving the peloton and shedding people like a chicken shedding it's feathers.
 

·
mountainman
Joined
·
52 Posts
Definitely most aggressive. I wondered if his performance was due to searching for a contract, or just great timing, or...

it just seemed REALLY difficult for everyone else to duplicate the type of effort he put in over the last week.
 

·
Cannot bench own weight
Joined
·
4,298 Posts
Bravo to the guy. I just really home that nothing funny is going on.

I'd point to the 2006 Tour, when Gonchar some what surprisingly dominated both TTs. (And then got sacked a year later for being suspicious). Please don't be this situation again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
543 Posts
Einstruzende said:
Bravo to the guy. I just really home that nothing funny is going on.

I'd point to the 2006 Tour, when Gonchar some what surprisingly dominated both TTs. (And then got sacked a year later for being suspicious). Please don't be this situation again.

It seemed that Schumacher was smiling as he crossed the finish line. Didn't appear that he was going all out...not sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,838 Posts
bas said:
shumacher took out 30 seconds on fabian in the last 20 minutes.

wasn't shumacher down 3 seconds at 43 minutes time check?

(phil and paul said 20 seconds)... i thought i saw 3 on the clocks, but i wasn't paying much attention..

if it was 20 seconds, he gained 50 seconds? in the last 20 minutes on fabian? WTF?

i think he at the recap

it was -12, then +14

not sure where i got 20 seconds behind. oh well.
 

·
mountainman
Joined
·
52 Posts
It's sad it took them this long to prove what we could all see...if it's too good to be true, it probably is.

As more and more riders continue to (or start to) ride clean, the dolts who still take that chance are going to make it more and more obvious with the superman performances that come out of nowhere. You would think they would at least make it look close so as to not give it away.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top