Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
my bike's underpowered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use both? Impressions on durability and pucture resistance?

Thanks!

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'm a big ultremo R fan. on my 3rd or 4th pair. I get 3k miles+- but that is often pushing it.

I think the tread has good resistance to punctures from road junk. The side walls can cut. Dry weather grip is excellent - wet weather is average. I weigh 150# and run the rear at 100 the front @ 95. a really supple ride. IMO they are what they are a “fast training/race tire”

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I run the Schwalbes, but I've never used the Conti's. The Schwalbe's are one of the better race tires you can get, but like Mike said, they aren't very durable. If you're interested in a day to day tire the Conti's might be better (or at least I see a helluva lot of people running them on training rides).

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
i use both, the conti's will last longer, gets fewer cuts. the Schwalbes are lighter and with a light tube you'll notice the difference.

·
my bike's underpowered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input. I don't race so the Conti's sound like they way to go.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I use GP4000's and they are extremely durable and the ride quality is way up there with Michelin Pro Race 3, but more durable in my opinion. I would think Schwalbe's may be a better overall race/performance tire, but not by much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts