Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm still afraid to say it out loud, but my 2006 S-Works E5 frame (58cm, red) is on its way to me right at this very moment. cannot wait. will post pics of frame when i get it, and then more pics once i've built it up. planning on a DA-10 group with the exception of an Ultegra cassette and pedals for durability, Specialized carbon bars/seatpost, Specialized saddle, and DT Swiss 28h handbuilts that weigh in at slightly over 1400g....BWAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!

....is it here yet?!?!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Gee 58cm is just my size, and a bike like that will certainly require close attention, frequent cleaning and regular maintenance, hardly leaving any time for yourself to relax and enjoy life. If you'd like to avoid all that hastel, PM me and I'll give you my shipping address and take on the burden myself. Of course this is strictly an humanitarian gesture! :D

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
huh?

i've been using a Specialized post and saddle for the past two years, and i haven't had a problem....why do you ask?

·
Registered
727 Posts
just wondering, ive heard they have a bit of a wonky reputation. if i was already droppin a couple grand on an s-works i would go for a thomson or deda post/stem/bar combo but thats just me. if they work for you then its all good.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cmatcan said:
just wondering, ive heard they have a bit of a wonky reputation. if i was already droppin a couple grand on an s-works i would go for a thomson or deda post/stem/bar combo but thats just me. if they work for you then its all good.
well, the frameset i bought comes with a Specialized seatpost, and i've got a Specialized saddle on my current bike....so i don't really see a reason to use something other than what i've already got. in my situation, it wouldn't be a great use of money. as far as Specialized and their products go, i've never been disappointed.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Par-tay!!!!!!

my BEAUTIFUL frame (58cm '06 S-Works E5) arrived today. i took it straight to my LBS, and they said it will be ready to ride late tomorrow afternoon. OH HECK YES. i'm stoked out of my mind. here are some photos....

·
Registered
178 Posts
Sweet indeed! Looking forward to seeing pictures of your finished build.

·
Registered
100 Posts
finished product pics and of course, weight PLEASE i am thinking of getting this frame and putting campy Record on it.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my LBS is better than your LBS. the end.

just picked it up this afternoon. i don't have class until 1230 tomorrow, so i plan on doing a nice, long spin tomorrow morning....

·
Registered
178 Posts
Great looking in finished form. Did your LBS fit you to the bike?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
went for a spin yesterday.... i love my new bike!!! can't wait until saturday, when i can ride all day long!!!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i guess new bikes are like that....

i got up this morning, and planned on doing a nice 40-50mile spin to really get a feel for my new bike. well, it turned into a 95-mile ride. i was having so much fun that i didn't even feel like i was pedaling- it seemed like i was just buzzing along with no effort at all, even despite the headwind the whole way home. usually i get bored when i ride alone for that long, but today i was just grinning and even laughing to myself the entire time. beautiful.

hope everybody else is having as much fun as me!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Heres mine, the last 05 they sold. Full Ultegra, WCS finishing kit with specialized post (love it) aspide fx saddle, Stratus DV wheels for race day, Ultegra/open pro for regular riding. Now has red Nokons and red SRP derailleur bolt. I love this bike, best of the 5 i have.
Bottom picture is build for Mount Washington, bike worked perfect.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts