Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SRAM change over question

Hi I'm new here and very new to wrenching on my bike in general. Sorry if this is kind of a dumb question. I was buying a specialized cyclocross bike and the 2012 specialized elite tricross last year had a SRAM Apex group which I fell in love with, but they didn't have it in my size. The 2013 model dropped the SRAM group and went with a SORA Shimano. To get the scram Group you had to buy the Comp version and I didnt have the coin to pop for the extra 800. So I bought what I liked figured with some patience and sweat I could put most of a SRAM group on this bike. I am looking at upgrading to a SRAM setup off of eBay or where i find it cheapest. I was wondering what components I can get the most bang for the buck? Should I get different components or a whole group? Weight is not really an issue on this bike it's my daily rider and not a racer. I want durability, the sweet SRAM shifting setup and drive train. My bike has disc brakes so I think I'll leave those alone, unless someone tells me it's really worth it to change to a SRAM setup. I don't know exactly what drive train setup is, but is two chain rings up front and I think 8 on the back. I'm also going to sell the sora components to recoup some of the cost. Any opinions and help would be huge thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.