Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cycling induced anoesis
13,006 Posts
I have a matte finish S-works frame that I put a small scratch in.
Any way to buff it out?
Don't know about buffing it out, but here's an excerpt from Specs FAQ's:

Question:
Curious what is the best method for repairing (or making less visible) a small scratch on my matte carbon frame. The surface scratch can be felt by rubbing with my fingernail, and is only about 1/2" diameter and the shape of a circle. This was caused by a cable under my downtube rubbing on my Tarmac frame during transport with a bike rack.

Stuart Mar 31, 2013 05:41AM PDT
While you wait for Specialized to answer you, I suggest Testers or Tamiya model paint. You can find it at a local hobby shop. Check them out online. If you are really fussy, some high-end bike shops have a paint touch up guy or will point you in the right direction.

Stuart Mar 31, 2013 06:05AM PDT
Testors not Testers, mispelled it...need more java...

Kyle Blomquist Apr 01, 2013 01:00PM PDT SPECIALIZED Agent
Ryan,

Stuart is absolutely correct on that. Model paint is a great option for DYI, otherwise certain shops are willing to help with a little touch-up paint for you.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Stuart is absolutely correct on that. Model paint is a great option for DYI, otherwise certain shops are willing to help with a little touch-up paint for you.
Second model paint. You can get it in flat finish and a few different colors to mix and get a really close match. And its cheap and pretty durable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.