Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I'm not like anyone else
Joined
·
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a short greeting to all who are heading to SD.

Haven't been here for a while and still need to be tending to "real" life. Still Sux but geting better.

Just wanted to suggest to all who are headed west for the gathering to forget all else and enjoy the trip! It's not often that strangers who have become friends manage to pull it all together and share some good times.

Have good rides, good food and drink, and enjoy! Lifes a short trip so grab all you can.

Cheers to all!

EDB
 

·
Misfit Toy
Joined
·
23,426 Posts
Cheers back at ya EDB! Glad to see you checking in.
 

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
Joined
·
30,670 Posts
everydaybike said:
Just a short greeting to all who are heading to SD.

Haven't been here for a while and still need to be tending to "real" life. Still Sux but geting better.

Just wanted to suggest to all who are headed west for the gathering to forget all else and enjoy the trip! It's not often that strangers who have become friends manage to pull it all together and share some good times.

Have good rides, good food and drink, and enjoy! Lifes a short trip so grab all you can.

Cheers to all!

EDB
I too give my best to all you SDers---ride hard, have fun--"and enjoy" you moreons :)


Ride reports
/pics & etc. Ja?:)
 

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
Joined
·
21,050 Posts
RBR's been lacking without ya!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
"What happens in SD..."

"...will become RBR NCD legend."

Y'all better create some legendary stories, photos (hopefully, with semi-identifiable body parts), and myths on this trip, or so help me...I'll come to the next RBR NCD cluster-drunk/gathering.

Seriously, here's hoping you all have a great time in San Diego. Wish I were there with you all.

Dale
 

·
scruffy nerf herder
Joined
·
4,484 Posts
Hey Dale...

Maybe we can have a Columbia or St. Louis version.... I know several RBRers that would make it... but then again, how much trouble could we get into there... would seem kinda lame... the Starbucks version of Blair Witch Project.

Would be fun anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,706 Posts
lousylegs said:
I think we should wait until Old Eduardo gets back and then just drop in on his compound.

i like the idea of a lexington/lousiville/nashville/chattanooga rbr rally. maybe a rbr rally in chattanooga to coincide with the tour de georgia time trial that ends in chattanooga.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,627 Posts
Hope you all have fun, and Snap, don't let them put J's in a display at the Zoo, no matter how much he might look like the Gibbons monkey.

Well, on, second thought, that might not be a bad idea. :D
 

·
gazing from the shadows
Joined
·
27,207 Posts
lousylegs said:
I think we should wait until Old Eduardo gets back and then just drop in on his compound.
Yeah, except Ed is a 17 year old in his mamma's basement. He just tells his crazy uncle's stories to make us think otherwise.

Really, has anyone ever seen him? Why do you think he bailed on the SD gathering? Hmmmmmm?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,627 Posts
dr hoo said:
Yeah, except Ed is a 17 year old in his mamma's basement. He just tells his crazy uncle's stories to make us think otherwise.

Really, has anyone ever seen him? Why do you think he bailed on the SD gathering? Hmmmmmm?
I thought it was cause Spinchick ditched.
 

·
Genitive Declensioner
Joined
·
12,146 Posts
dr hoo said:
Yeah, except Ed is a 17 year old in his mamma's basement. He just tells his crazy uncle's stories to make us think otherwise.

Really, has anyone ever seen him? Why do you think he bailed on the SD gathering? Hmmmmmm?
Are we not all 16-22 yr olds living off the rents, spending the day trolling the internets......


/ cover soon to be blown
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
Mid-America NCD Gathering?

funknuggets said:
Maybe we can have a Columbia or St. Louis version.... I know several RBRers that would make it... but then again, how much trouble could we get into there... would seem kinda lame... the Starbucks version of Blair Witch Project.

Would be fun anyway.
Funk:

Of, I can get us into plenty of trouble in this little burg (Columbia, MO). Booze, guns, gurlz -- you name it. I think we'd both be better off not "soiling" our respective home bases, if you know what I mean, and have the event at least a couple of hundred miles from our homes (read, wives).

I have a friend (who looks remarkably like J the Haiku man) who comes to visit here every couple of years or so. My wife is actually quite tolerant of our biennial "boys' night out" as long as I check in by phone periodically throughout the evening/morning. Still, better not press my luck. Distance would be a good thing.

Seriously, let's see if we can divine the interest among our fellow Heartland RBRers for a mid-America version of the San Diego NCD gathering. Someplace folks could drive to in a day, at least for us in the Mid-West. Sometime with nice weather (like early fall). Somewhere with good roads to ride. A decent airport would be a plus (that counts Columbia out). Let's hear it from our comrades.

Dale
 

·
gazing from the shadows
Joined
·
27,207 Posts
svend said:
Are we not all 16-22 yr olds living off the rents, spending the day trolling the internets......
All except those of us that are retired, and pretending to be hot young chicas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,403 Posts
Dale Brigham said:
Funk:

Of, I can get us into plenty of trouble in this little burg (Columbia, MO). Booze, guns, gurlz -- you name it. I think we'd both be better off not "soiling" our respective home bases, if you know what I mean, and have the event at least a couple of hundred miles from our homes (read, wives).

I have a friend (who looks remarkably like J the Haiku man) who comes to visit here every couple of years or so. My wife is actually quite tolerant of our biennial "boys' night out" as long as I check in by phone periodically throughout the evening/morning. Still, better not press my luck. Distance would be a good thing.

Seriously, let's see if we can divine the interest among our fellow Heartland RBRers for a mid-America version of the San Diego NCD gathering. Someplace folks could drive to in a day, at least for us in the Mid-West. Sometime with nice weather (like early fall). Somewhere with good roads to ride. A decent airport would be a plus (that counts Columbia out). Let's hear it from our comrades.

Dale
Midwest is pretty big. We all assemble at 4Bkyn's house, who I think is roughly the middle of the entire Midwest. :)

I'm tempted to say Minneapolis fits the bill, but I have a few other suggestions. The volume of Chicago posters says to try to get within a days drive of Chicago or maybe even in Chicago. Madison WI might be a good choice.

Another thought would be the Bridges of Madison Co. IA, but we'd need somebody who could assemble good routes for the area. Galena Ill could be good as well. Both these suffer from the lack of good Airport coverage.

I'll leave it to you to add onto the Southern side of the Midwest.

How about the eastern brothers, any good suggestions for Ohio.

Scot
 

·
midnight melon mounter
Joined
·
6,621 Posts
Heartland

Chicago's a fun place to ride, but I'd prefer someplace in Wisconsin. Country riding, cheese, brauts, good beer.

If this is the beginning of a Heartland RBR Bash, I'm voting Madison - in spring or fall.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
I'm up for Madison

Alex-in-Evanston said:
Chicago's a fun place to ride, but I'd prefer someplace in Wisconsin. Country riding, cheese, brauts, good beer.

If this is the beginning of a Heartland RBR Bash, I'm voting Madison - in spring or fall.
Madison is a good choice. I even have a buddy there who works for the Evil Empire (AKA Trek). Might even get us a field trip tour to their Skunkworks facility.

It's a full (like 600 mile) day drive there from here, but that's fine. Airline access might not be optimal, but many places in the Midwest are secondary or tertiary air travel markets.

I'd guess a September or October day in Madison is pretty much idyllic for cycling. And other stuff.

Dale
 

·
Zeppelin/Ultegra Rider
Joined
·
930 Posts
Scot_Gore said:
Midwest is pretty big. We all assemble at 4Bkyn's house, who I think is roughly the middle of the entire Midwest. :)

I'm tempted to say Minneapolis fits the bill, but I have a few other suggestions. The volume of Chicago posters says to try to get within a days drive of Chicago or maybe even in Chicago. Madison WI might be a good choice.

Scot
Dude, here I am drinkin' a beer (Harp), and I see my name in NCD! Man I love Friday nights. I'm up for a ride with my fellow RBR folk. Let's set a weekend somewhere. Wasn't there a small gathering about a year and a half back near StLouis? I'm about 1.5 hours from Chicago, and 2 from St Louis.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top