Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I didn't take many pix of everyone - my camera kept getting snatched away by this hairy guy from Memphis.

RWBadley is a very sedate kinda guy
The smootching J and Mickey-Mac
J's and Len

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
The first night in SD, I discovered a place with a bottomless Lemon Drop - or so it seemed. Reputation in tatters...I managed to get back to the hotel without getting run over or falling down in the gutter.

atp assures Mickey-Mac, "Sure, I'll take it real easy on you guys tomorrow...."
svend does his rmn impression - note the magic lemon drops in the foreground....
more sedate RBR-NCD'ers

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Day two - feeling a tad hung over, I managed to drag my carcass downstairs to send off the big group. I had no camera with me for Dave, J's, eddy and my adventure - you'll have to wait to see their pix.

I rented a Specialized Crossroads in SD - OMG. Had to be at least 35 lbs of bike. I managed to keep up with the others - I know they took it easy on me. Dave and I rode over to Holland's Bikes, where I found my next bike - a Hello Kitty special edition cruiser.

Hard-core cyclists
Hello Kitty!
J's and svend share a bathtub sized margarita

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Sunday I slept late, everyone had taken off for their rides. I wandered a bit, then caught a trolley to the zoo.

Truly a great zoo, I really needed more that a day to explore it. I did manage a glimpse of the baby panda, and of course my favorites - the Polar Bears. Although I saw a lot of the animals - the majority of pix are bears of all varieties...

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
More snap the tourist shots

Stars and Stripes racing yacht
Bed and breakfast inn at Heritage Park
Whaley House
Find the ghost.....

·
Super Moderator
19,478 Posts
Thanks for going easy on posting pics of me, Snap. My soul's feeling pretty drained with the ones posted today. Next time we need to sit closer so we don't have to scream at each other across the table. :)

·
The Original and The Best
1,294 Posts
snapdragen said:
The first night in SD, I discovered a place with a bottomless Lemon Drop - or so it seemed. Reputation in tatters...I managed to get back to the hotel without getting run over or falling down in the gutter.
I first read that as "I managed to get back to the HOLE." Wow, I really missed out on Friday night. To think, I could have traded all those drunken dialed phone calls for some drunken bare grope hugs from J. I can't believe you made it on Saturday! You know that means your tolerance is higher than you think... ;)

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
eddy said:
I first read that as "I managed to get back to the HOLE." Wow, I really missed out on Friday night. To think, I could have traded all those drunken dialed phone calls for some drunken bare grope hugs from J. I can't believe you made it on Saturday! You know that means your tolerance is higher than you think... ;)
i tested her tolerance, it's good. she kicked me out of her room friday nite.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
snapdragen said:
Groan....it was a matter of pride. That, and I figure if I'm going to drink I must be prepared to suffer the consequences. Thank sammich I don't normally drink that much. :eek:
sammich has nothing to do with it, cafeteria lady.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haiku d'etat said:
i tested her tolerance, it's good. she kicked me out of her room friday nite.
Honey, I don't think you made it much past the doorway.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
eddy said:
I can't believe you made it on Saturday! You know that means your tolerance is higher than you think... ;)
Groan....it was a matter of pride. That, and I figure if I'm going to drink I must be prepared to suffer the consequences. Thank sammich I don't normally drink that much. :eek:

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
Snap, I'm sorry for being late, but

DIDYA GOTO ED?!?!?!?!?!?

If so, whatya have?

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sn69 said:
DIDYA GOTO ED?!?!?!?!?!?

If so, whatya have?
:( :( SOB! :( :(

No, I missed it. Guess I'll have to come back, huh? :D

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
snapdragen said:
:( :( SOB! :( :(

No, I missed it. Guess I'll have to come back, huh? :D
don't worry folks, i didn't experience even one second of E. D. in S. D. either.

completely the opposite. :)

i never got to mexico, but it somehow came to me. :rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts