The gang from Bellwether was out in force at last weekend's Sea Otter Classic, showing off its new line of spring cycling apparel that includes the reasonably priced Forza jersey and bibs for men and women.
Bellwether Forza jersey
The Forza jersey (MSRP: $90) features special Cooltemp fabric that's designed to lower skin temperature. We didn't get the chance to put it through a real test, but it indeed felt cool to the touch, kind of like touching a metal chair that's been sitting inside a cool room. The jerseys are available in three colors for men and three more for women, and are designed to hug the contours of your body while in the riding position. There's also no seam under the mesh vented underarm, which means no chafe and better airflow. Other highlights include:
- Full zip front with locking zipper
- Three rear pockets, plus lined security pocket
- Silicone gripper to keep jersey in place
- Reflective accents
- Flat seam construction
- Available in black, white and cyan for men
- Available in black, cyan and fuchsia for women
- Sizes S-XXL
Microfiber leg bands on the Forza bibshorts are designed to compress without restricting freedom of movement (click to enlarge).
Bellwether Forza bibs
The Forza bibs (MSRP: $130) utilize a textured fabric that increases overall surface area for better breathability and moisture wicking. The pre-molded chamois has a slightly curved shape, which is designed to better contour the body and remain wrinkle free when in the saddle. Other highlights include:
- Microfiber leg bands compress without restriction
- Media pocket
- Three leg band color options
- Women's version has flattering upper waistband
- Ergonomic multi-panel design
- Also available as short for men or women
- Sizes S-XXL
For more information visit www.bellwetherclothing.com.
This article is part of RoadBikeReview's coverage of the 2015 Sea Otter Classic in Monterey, California. For more from Sea Otter CLICK HERE.