Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running continental competition tubulars on a set of 303s that I use as race wheels. The rear has around 400 miles on it and still has plenty of tread, but has developed a slow leak. It holds air for a couple of hours, but it is totally flat the next day. I checked the valve stem to make sure that is tight, so now my question is can I put Stans or Pit Stop or something else in there to plug the hole and allow me to continue using the tire or is it better to throw it away and get a new one? I can't find the source of the leak since the air is coming out so slowly, which makes me think Stans or Pit Stop would work, but I've never used either as a long term solution. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
21,725 Posts
I can't find the source of the leak since the air is coming out so slowly
I bet if you put a few inches of water in a utility sink or bathtub, pumped the tire up hard, and submerged the wheel you would find a small stream of bubbles (or bubbles forming on the surface of the tire) pretty quickly. Sealant seems like a possible easy fix, or you could patch it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.