Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
748 Posts
Enough to kill / knock out a 60 lbs wild boar? How come the wheel doesn't look as destroyed as this?
He may have clipped it but even that little bit of contact seems like BS, but to kill it as shown in the picture, never!!! Sounds like some one is suffering from attention deficiency syndrome. (O--look at--meeee)

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Yeah, looks like a publicity stunt. I've seen hunting videos of those wild boars running away even after taking a bullet in the midsection.

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is the thinking that the pig was maybe hit and killed by a car and the story was made up.

That would explain what looks like a smile on Kelly's face. It's a good story anyway.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
At fist glance I thought it said "a bear" then, when I opened the thread I expected to read, "After 3 days of excruciating pain, the bear died."
My fail.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
I've run over a gopher (and a collared lizard) on one of the 18 Rd mtb trails in Fruita, CO. I had to put the gopher out of its misery after the initial incident. Gophers are a whole lot smaller than boars - I call BS too.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
It's great to see Kelly still out on his bike. He was a special rider in that he had amazing all around skills and he won a Grand Tour also.

Anyway I have had to brake because of wild pigs myself but never hit one. I did hit a deer once and I fell and it did not even phase the deer.

Bottom line is I do not believe hitting a pig like that would kill it. Those things are more then tough. I think it was killed by a car and they are just fooling around with the idea.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
That boar has been laying there a while, freshly killed animals still look alive. Plus, as others have said, his bike would be wrecked and the boar would have scampered off.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Descending and hit the boar... and ended up 6' from it, with Kelly looking like he gently tipped to the side. Uh huh. Seems legit.

Adding to the doubt - there looks to be a bit of a trail moving from the boar down the road... likely "spread" from the carcass by the car/truck that killed it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts