Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
millerinva said:
Mine are getting funky

CAMELBAK PODIUM!!

Unless you want/need insulated bottles. Then POlar bottles with the Camelbak Podium tops.

·
Administrator
13,147 Posts
Got one on order myself. :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
I picked up one of these at REI the other day. It is 24oz. while I have been using 28oz. bottles. I don't care for the twist valve on the top at all. I used the bottle 3 or 4 times and tossed it in the box of unused bottles in my garage and went back to the old bottle.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
PegLeg said:
I picked up one of these at REI the other day. It is 24oz. while I have been using 28oz. bottles. I don't care for the twist valve on the top at all. I used the bottle 3 or 4 times and tossed it in the box of unused bottles in my garage and went back to the old bottle.
You don't really need to close it. It won't leak unless you squeeze it. Best bottle ever IMO!

·
Registered
6,316 Posts
agree: Camelbak

DIRT BOY said:

CAMELBAK PODIUM!!

Unless you want/need insulated bottles. Then POlar bottles with the Camelbak Podium tops.
These have done a great job cutting down on all the Gatorade that was getting splashed on my downtube. I use the cap with the Polar bottle. Worth the extra dough

·
Fast No More.
770 Posts
Everything old is new again.

funktekk said:
i have tacx cages. what cages do work with these bottles?

Can't speak for Tacx, but mine works fine with my King Cage stainless.

Anyone else remember the old SBC Racer's Edge bottles? Camelbak didn't have to look too far for inspiration for the Podium...

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
Elite Patao

funktekk said:
i have tacx cages. what cages do work with these bottles?
The Camelback Podium bottles work well with Elite Patao cages. Or Performance SS (probably similar to King SS). I just bought some new Elite Ciussi Gel cages. I freeze my bottles in the summer. I had to shove the Camelback bottles in and waited until they started to thaw before I pulled one out the get a drink. Stainless steel cages are a little more elastic. And once you bend them to shape they stay there.

The Camelback bottles are a little long and narrower then regular bottles. The Elite Patao cage design works well with them. They are also almost bullet proof. I have the Patao cages on my old bike.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Andrea138 said:
Free ones!
free's always good, but during a group ride last night I gave a big, desperate, (just crested a big hill) squeeze to one of our sponsor donated water bottles, and was rewarded with the top popping off and short, refreshing shower. But I was still thirsty :(

and my free cheepies funk up really quick.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.