Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Twitterpated
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have a pair of IRO wheels that I like a lot, with a 130mm rear axel. I am looking for a 120mm axle (due to a new frame's spacing.) Does any one know where I may find one that size? Thank you for your help.

I have an email in to IRO to see if they sell a 120mm axle; we'll see what happens. The hub is branded IRO. It's a flip-flop and I use Dura Ace cogs. There appears to be plenty of room to accept a shorter axle. Anyway...

Thanks in advance,
Tshirt

· Registered
14,776 Posts
T-shirt said:
Hi guys,
I have a pair of IRO wheels that I like a lot, with a 130mm rear axel. I am looking for a 120mm axle (due to a new frame's spacing.) Does any one know where I may find one that size? Thank you for your help.

I have an email in to IRO to see if they sell a 120mm axle; we'll see what happens. The hub is branded IRO. It's a flip-flop and I use Dura Ace cogs. There appears to be plenty of room to accept a shorter axle. Anyway...
Thanks in advance,
Tshirt
Is it a bolt-on axle? If so, can't you just remove some spacers? If the ends then stick out too far beyond the bolts, get your hacksaw out.

· Twitterpated
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JCavilia said:
Is it a bolt-on axle? If so, can't you just remove some spacers? If the ends then stick out too far beyond the bolts, get your hacksaw out.
JCavilia,

Yes, it is a bolt-on axle. :idea: Ok, I think I remember seeing the spacers that you are talking about. I'll take a look. Thank you very much. :thumbsup:

Tshirt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.