Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What about searching the old forum now that it's shut off? Are we going to be able to mine it for valuable info or is it lost forever? I have a number of bookmarks to the old forum that still work so I'm hoping there's some provision for keeping it available...

·
cyclist
7,904 Posts
Searching will work on the old forums for a while, but not forever. And even the posts that you have bookmarked will be changed. My advice is to download whatever threads you have bookmarked in the old forums, to your harddrive, so you can keep a local copy. You can save via the browser, file menu, save as option.

No definite timeline, but our engineers want to turn the old forums to flat files and remove the forum engine from the machine altogether. It was my hope that we could just keep them as they are, but apparently this is not a long term option.

-g

Ken2 said:
What about searching the old forum now that it's shut off? Are we going to be able to mine it for valuable info or is it lost forever? I have a number of bookmarks to the old forum that still work so I'm hoping there's some provision for keeping it available...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.