Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Urbane
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's getting to be a little warm here in Arizona these days. I usually ride with an old Timbuk Designs DeeDog, commuter pack, The heat build up on my back when it is over 100 degrees is getting kinda old. So I done ordered one of these:

·
Urbane
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
yetisurly said:
It's getting to be a little warm here in Arizona these days. I usually ride with an old Timbuk Designs DeeDog, commuter pack, The heat build up on my back when it is over 100 degrees is getting kinda old. So I done ordered one of these:

Any recommendations for a new set of bags for it? I commute with a change of clothing..food..the usual stuff.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
I think Nashbar has panniers they call Daytrekkers or something like that, not as large as full-on touring bags (~800-900 cu. in.) and they're about $40; I'm sure other places must have similar compact designs. I've seen expanding rack trunks that could easily carry a change of clothes and a lunch.

·
Urbane
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really like my Hummer. It is a 2000. I opted for the full on PX34Y chrome package. I am thinking of getting some 22 inchers for it as well. I hear it handles like a slot car with those on it. I have a rack on it so I can take my bike to work and hang it in my office wall to look at it. My biggest gripe with it is it is sooo hard to park. You have to be sure to park it away from the shopping carts and other lesser vehicles. The nice thing about it was the tax break I got - that and the alt fuel rebate that the State gave me when I had it converted to run on both LP and regular gasoline. I never use the LP, it just doesn't go very far!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.