Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went from a bike with a 72 deg seat tube angle to a 73 degree seat tube angle. I have also played with my cleat position some (which may have an impact as well). Both bikes were professionaly fitted by the same fitter to get knee angle and knee over pedal correct. With the old bike, it seemed more natural to pedal and could get more 'wipe the sole of shoe' type feel and could more easily get the heel up on back of pedal stroke. With the new bike, it almost feels like I am pedaling flat - like my heel is not coming up on the back stroke and it seems harder to use glutes to pedal on new bike, like my thighs are doing most of the work. Could front to back cleat position help resolve this (if there is anything actually to resolve)? I am actually going faster on the new bike and the new bike is much more comfortable....this is just something I noticed and thought I would ask.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't want to change back...it just feels like I am not utilizing my glutes and hamstrings as much to get as much out of complete pedal stroke....wandering if I got back to that if I would go EVEN faster..hehehehe...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.