Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, I'm not the smartest guy in the world. ~~Insert Joke here~~ My wife would.

At any rate I've decided it was time to post my stupidity here and painfully read the ridicule and hope that out of sheer pity I could get an answer to this personal conundrum.

The Question: How the @uck do I mount this piece of sh!t on the seat post?

View attachment 281765

I'm lost and I've googled and searched for an image but can't find anything on the subject. Can you tell I'm frustrated.

Link to the bag: Wiggle | Lezyne Micro Caddy Saddle Bag - Small | Saddle Bags

HELP...

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,659 Posts
it goes on the saddle rails. the straps go up between and then over the rails and then wrap around the bag. saddle bag mounting is kind of a form of cyclist IQ test.

·
Registered
46 Posts
nope doing it wrong.:idea: with zipper side up that strap goes through the left rail, the strap with plastic goes through right rail. Take strap with velcro go under bag lace through plastic strap bring back around and velcro to strap. Haha cyclist IQ test.

<,,>(saddle)
``o```(saddle bag)

·
Banned
907 Posts
Nice way to deal with a socially difficult situation. Sackage. Or, how does your sack hang ? I've seen it done three ways with essentially the same sack design. Horizontal, under the seat. Vertical along the seat post. And inclined under the seat. Vivez la difference.

And FWIW I struggled with putting my sack back the first time I took it off after the dealer install.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Looking from the rear of the bike, the strap goes up between the two saddle rails then over the left rail and down. The plastic "ring" goes up between the rails and over the right rail. The strap then goes under the bag, up through the ring, then back down wrapping around the bag where you mate the velcro.

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Ok got it. What a pain to have to cinch and Velcro directly under the seat though. Is that by design?
Yes. Makes a compression strap, so the bag doesn't sway, and stuff inside doesn't bounce around if the bag is half full.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It was just really weird to have to cinche it up while directly under the seat, but once I got it on there was no issues of sackage dangle...lol. Actually got a spare tube, pedro's and a tool in there.

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,659 Posts
It was just really weird to have to cinche it up while directly under the seat, but once I got it on there was no issues of sackage dangle...lol. Actually got a spare tube, pedro's and a tool in there.
damn near every saddle bag made attaches with the straps starting between the rails. the straps go over the rails then wrap around the bag the majority of the time. this keeps the dangle factor to a minimum.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.