Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Eddy 53:11
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at getting a Campy Record seat post and new bottle cages.

Just how light is the Campy seat post? I can't find the exact #'s. As far as bottle cages go, what is lightweight, black in color, and won't break my bank? I'm not really sure I wnat to spend $50 on a cage . . . . . . Thanks.

·
Registered
498 Posts
The Campy post is not too light.
Here is a pic of their shortest record post 192 gr,
I like the Alien 150 gr if you dont need setback or the Token 146 gr. I just got with setback was lighter than the Alien + has setback & is cheaper 89 bucks vs 120
Of course if you dont need setback you can do much better weight wise with a M2 racer at 78 grams for a 250mm. Of course it costs a little more ;)
Also for bottle cages I like the BTP cages.
I had Tacx Tao but the weight was 88gr a pair
compared to 35 for a pair of the BTP's with screws

·
Juanmoretime
2,313 Posts
I agree with Flying on the choice of parts and also fairwheelbikes. Fairwheel will ship quickly and make sure your 100% satisfied with your purchase. The owner of the shop is on this site with the user name Woz.

·
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great suggestions guys. Wow that M2 is some serious money! Flying; how do you like the function of the BTP cages? Do they hold bottles well and can they be used w/any bottles??? Thanks.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Cages: ControlTech make some light ones @ 23-25g each and too too much money.

Seatposts:
If you want carbon a setback. Look at the ControlTech COMP RPm model that was 149g for a 27. x 300 size. Or a Deda Black Stick Mag @ 154g

If you want carbon without the setback, then M2 Racer will be the lightest.
Aluminum without setback:

Extralite RoadPost XS 27.2. x 240mm 119g
KCNC Ti Pro Lite 27.2 x 250mm 114-118g
New Ultimate 27.2 x 250mm 110-115g

BTW: I carry the M2 racer and Extralite if you need them.

Any of the choices made by other posters and well as meyslef are good choices. The CT is the BEST post for the bang for the buck in CF.

·
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Flying! Do you own an M2 Carbon seat post? If so, any issues? I'm 5'9" and 142 lbs. w/fair road conditions here in the North East. I'm worried about cracking an M2 with my daily rider? Thoughts?

I'm gonna snag those BTP cages from Fairwheel (BTW). They seemed very nice and helpful on the phone. Thanks!

·
Registered
498 Posts
JetSpeed said:
Hey Flying! Do you own an M2 Carbon seat post? If so, any issues? I'm 5'9" and 142 lbs. w/fair road conditions here in the North East. I'm worried about cracking an M2 with my daily rider? Thoughts?

I'm gonna snag those BTP cages from Fairwheel (BTW). They seemed very nice and helpful on the phone. Thanks!

Hi Jet
No I do not own a M2 post. Would be nice but I tend to need setback on my post. So I am running a Token MonoQ
It is 144 grams & cost 89 bucks from Ernie at Pro Cycling Discount on Ebay
http://stores.ebay.com/Professional-Cycling-Discount
I do know quite a few guys run that M2 post though & I have never heard of a problem. At your weight I am sure you will be fine.

Yes Fairwheel is great to work with. usually it is Jason who answers the phone aka: MadCow on the fairwheel forum & also on weight weenies.
He is a wealth of information.

·
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Great thanks. I dealt w/Jason and he though that MAYBE the M2 MIGHT not last
on my roads AND as a daily rider. He wasn't totally sure kind of a coin toss guess; It just got me wondering. ???????????????????????????????
I did by the BTP cages a few hours ago. Thanks man!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.