Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm setting up my road bike to commute on. The bike in question is a 1994 Cannondale Criterium 3.0. Yes, its a very solid and firm ride, but its effecient if nothing. Anyhow, the frame has no rack mounts and I want to put a seatpost rack and use a truck bag. I'll be riding 3 days a week, taking and picking up my clothes, toiletries, and shoes Monday and Friday respectively. On the daily ride I'll need to be able to carry my lunch, cell phone, wallet, keys, and random small things for work. I'd like to have room for a rain jacket and pants too. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Kris

·
Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
I use a trunk rack & I like it. I bought one from Nashbar when it was on sale, and I'm also using their largest bag. There's no sway from, or slipping of the bag. In fact the only time I notice it is when I'm on foot, wheeling the bike. Then it's very noticably top heavy. Once underway, it's like it's not even there. The bag is just "ok." It's large with lots of pockets and lots of space. What I don't like about it is that it has little shape of its own. It's not floppy, but it kind of leans to one side or the other. It doesn't affect anything but appearance, but still... I'm glad I got the trunk rack. If I had it to do over I might choose a different bag.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.